VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1361 - 1380 of 1545 Posts

·
Registered
19,310 Posts
Yes.

Many of us do not hate it (myself included), but I think that you are the only one who is seriously considering buying it.
The new ILX is a pretty decent package. I think it's an uphill battle for it's stablemate, the new Integra.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I thought this was funny.

Car Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
19,571 Posts
When you put in that perspective - that decal REALLY doesn't do any car any favors.
It’s boy racer Auto Zone graphics applied to a premium branded vehicle. It’s like when a high schooler inherits their grandmother’s Lexus ES and puts eyelashes on the headlights, to spiff it up. Hopefully Acura leaves the graphic gingerbread off of the production model.

·
Registered
10,320 Posts
Motortrend's latest article on the new Integra calls us "the fickle enthusiast fan base", that "almost all the commentary is negative", this last part was what I was thinking too. That the aftermarket will have to save it:

"Once the production version rolls out, the aftermarket can access which of the current Civic performance parts can be adapted to the Integra. Barring any major changes, bolt-ons should start flowing quickly. Suspension options and fender-friendly wheel sizing shouldn't be far behind. As with any Honda/Acura, a lowered stance and a quality set of wheels and tires can make a huge difference in the car's presence."

Then, Motortrend puts lipstick on one, new shoes on the other. What do you think, now would you plow it?
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Automotive tire

·
Registered
46,554 Posts
With me it’s all about form, and they blew that with the ass of the car inflated to 120 psi.

That said, if I were in the market that wouldn’t stop me from buying the car, as I value functionality far more than appearance. The GTI is a non-starter with that idiotic interior because of that.

·
Registered
35,776 Posts
When I saw the Elantra N is coming in hot with 276hp and an overboost button that gives you 10 seconds of 286hp along with the option of manual or 8-speed DSG with starting prices close to the 200hp Integra, my optimism in Acura to have a winner on their hands started to fade.

·
Registered
16,130 Posts
When I saw the Elantra N is coming in hot with 276hp and an overboost button that gives you 10 seconds of 286hp along with the option of manual or 8-speed DSG with starting prices close to the 200hp Integra, my optimism in Acura to have a winner on their hands started to fade.
Look. It's clear now that Acura gonna Acura. This car will be a classic modern Acura: slower, less exciting, and more expensive than its pedestrian-branded competitors. But also slower, less exciting, and less exclusive than its luxury rivals.

However, I am sure that it will: (i) be bit cheaper than its luxury rivals; and (ii) be more reliable than its luxury rivals.

Acura's motto since about 2006-2008 should be:

ACURA: The Reliable Japanese Buick.

·
Registered
11 Posts

The Civic hatchback is shaping up to be the best car in its segment, hands down. The Integra builds upon that, gives it a little bit more luxury/features all for a price point that's pretty affordable for most people.

I don't see anything wrong with it. If I was in the market, I'd definitely check it out.

·
Registered
16,130 Posts
The Civic hatchback is shaping up to be the best car in its segment, hands down. The Integra builds upon that, gives it a little bit more luxury/features all for a price point that's pretty affordable for most people.

I don't see anything wrong with it. If I was in the market, I'd definitely check it out.
Yawn. This presents the age old question of why Acura can't make something that creates a sense of "I HAVE TO BUY THAT CAR, RIGHT NOW!!!"

At best, Acura creates "I'd check it out" cars. That's great. When is Acura going to produce an "I NEED THAT CAR RIGHT NOW!!!" car?

1361 - 1380 of 1545 Posts