VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1381 - 1400 of 1546 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Mazda3 Sport 2.0 6MT / 2001 Mazda Miata 1.8 6MT
7,953 Posts
ACURA: The Reliable Japanese Buick.
...yeah, that's seems about right. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it would be nice if they moved into the 'Reliable Japanese BMW' realm.

anyway, let's see what comes of this 'concept' (because it was a concept, not a pre-production, right?) any chances they tweak it a bit and turn up the heat?

·
Registered
85,877 Posts
Amazing how much hype they have generated by just changing the name from ILX to Integra.

·
Premium Member
'21 Tacoma TRD-Offroad – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
38,678 Posts
Amazing how much hype they have generated by just changing the name from ILX to Integra.
right? :D From a marketing perspective, this has been a BIG WIN all around. All it has to do is outsell the outgoing ILX (it will, easily) and it will be high-fives all-around at Acura HQ regardless of online car enthusiast forum nitpicking.

·
Chili Bigot
(boop/ bop/ beep)
20,544 Posts
Is bad publicity actually good publicity when it comes to cars? That doesn’t seem to be the case with films and tv shows. Especially when fans of an original version are vocally opposed to some newer hotter take.

·
Premium Member
'21 Tacoma TRD-Offroad – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
38,678 Posts
Is bad publicity actually good publicity when it comes to cars? That doesn’t seem to be the case with films and tv shows. Especially when fans of an original version are vocally opposed to some newer hotter take.
In this case IMO... Yes, because if it was just the new ILX no one would be talking about it at all.

Every car forum hated the ILX and yet they sold 11k-20k of them a year. I believe Acura can easily best that with the Integra name alone.

Again, just my opinion.

Reactions: Lujess and Burnette

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
...yeah, that's seems about right. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it would be nice if they moved into the 'Reliable Japanese BMW' realm.

anyway, let's see what comes of this 'concept' (because it was a concept, not a pre-production, right?) any chances they tweak it a bit and turn up the heat?
If history is correct, Honda “concepts” are typically 99% of what will be in production.

·
Registered
2014 Mazda3 Sport 2.0 6MT / 2001 Mazda Miata 1.8 6MT
7,953 Posts
totally agree.

...but they did have that enthiast-targetted video with a view of the shift knob revving though various generations of Integra and Civic Si...and then the Honda spokesperson stating "The Integra is back!"

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Chili Bigot
(boop/ bop/ beep)
20,544 Posts
In this case IMO... Yes, because if it was just the new ILX no one would be talking about it at all.

Every car forum hated the ILX and yet they sold 11k-20k of them a year. I believe Acura can easily best that with the Integra name alone.

Again, just my opinion.
Fair enough. My gripe is solely w it’s looks, but I don’t wish failure for it. If it sells well, good for Honda.

I don’t hang out on any other car forums anymore. Just a few car related interest groups on other platforms and most of the reactions I see are either negative or mere disinterest. I have no idea how that will play out with non-enthusiast buyers.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Oh, how they do tease!

From 2:00 pm today on Autoblog:

Brand head Jon Ikeda wants to take the 'Teg to the track, but it all depends on whether the leadership at the American Honda mothership permits it.

Ikeda has said before that he wants Acura to be the performance brand of Honda, and a rumored Integra Type S is in the works with a more potent engine, possibly a version of the upcoming Civic Type R's mill. "We're the performance division of Honda," Ikeda emphasized to R&T, "So we're not going to shy away from Honda, you know? We're going to just have a little bit more fun."

·
Registered
85,877 Posts
I thought Honda was always the Japanese BMW. As for this new Integra, it's major selling point will be how it drives, not how it looks.
The sporty car market is not fully supported by driving enthusiasts- not even close.
Sporty cars need to be attractive to sell in the numbers needed to justify production.

·
Registered
14,049 Posts

New ILX Integra really need AWD and more hp, especially compare to the Canadian version Civic Si. A Canadian spec hatchback Si will be my perfect Civic. (i know there is no such model). The new Canada spec Civic Si will kill VW GLI. If Si has hatchback, it can kill GTI too.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The sporty car market is not fully supported by driving enthusiasts- not even close.
Sporty cars need to be attractive to sell in the numbers needed to justify production.
Then again the Type-R moniker was enough to roll in the fanbois regardless of the atrocious exterior. I tend to judge most in the market for the duality of a 4DRsports sedan foremost desire a useable backseat and trunk storage, with looks and performance as the added bonus.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
To be fair, some competitors to this new Integra look like ass of the ugly kind.

• 2023 Acura Integra. › Price: $30,000 (EST) › Engine: 1.5-liter turbo. ...
    Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
  • 2022 Honda Civic Si. › Price: $27,300. › Engine: 1.5-liter turbo. ...
    Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille
  • 2022 Hyundai Elantra N. › Price: $30,000 (EST) › Engine: 2.0-liter turbo. ...
    Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle Car
  • 2022 Subaru WRX. › Price: $30,000 (EST) ...
    Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
  • 2022 VW Jetta GLI. › Price: $30,995. ...
    Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille
  • 2022 VW Golf GTI. › Price: $29,545.
    Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Car Mountain

1381 - 1400 of 1546 Posts