VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1401 - 1405 of 1405 Posts

·
Chili Bigot
(boop/ bop/ beep)
20,513 Posts
In this case IMO... Yes, because if it was just the new ILX no one would be talking about it at all.

Every car forum hated the ILX and yet they sold 11k-20k of them a year. I believe Acura can easily best that with the Integra name alone.

Again, just my opinion.
Fair enough. My gripe is solely w it’s looks, but I don’t wish failure for it. If it sells well, good for Honda.

I don’t hang out on any other car forums anymore. Just a few car related interest groups on other platforms and most of the reactions I see are either negative or mere disinterest. I have no idea how that will play out with non-enthusiast buyers.

·
Registered
10,266 Posts
Oh, how they do tease!

From 2:00 pm today on Autoblog:

Brand head Jon Ikeda wants to take the 'Teg to the track, but it all depends on whether the leadership at the American Honda mothership permits it.

Ikeda has said before that he wants Acura to be the performance brand of Honda, and a rumored Integra Type S is in the works with a more potent engine, possibly a version of the upcoming Civic Type R's mill. "We're the performance division of Honda," Ikeda emphasized to R&T, "So we're not going to shy away from Honda, you know? We're going to just have a little bit more fun."

·
Registered
85,784 Posts
I thought Honda was always the Japanese BMW. As for this new Integra, it's major selling point will be how it drives, not how it looks.
The sporty car market is not fully supported by driving enthusiasts- not even close.
Sporty cars need to be attractive to sell in the numbers needed to justify production.

1401 - 1405 of 1405 Posts