VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMO it's an otherwise nice car, till I saw the back end of it (at 105). Maybe someone should manufacture anti-altezza lights for cars that come with them stock, i.e. IS300, F-150 Lightning, Altima...

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Re: New altima on the highway.... darn those taillights! (JayDub)

I'm disgusted with the taillights, but the rest of the exterior (can't speak for the interior) looks good, though the headlights do look a little strange from the side (the bulbs being different distances from the rear of the assembly). Does need some modified tails. Maybe smoked.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts

My stepdaughter (12) said the car looked nice but doesn't like the rear.. funny.
The interior looks like my mom's old mitsubishi galant ('94)... i.e. crap!

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Re: New altima on the highway.... darn those taillights! (idale)

IAN- Get to work!!!! You slacking over der.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Re: New altima on the highway.... darn those taillights! (pipes)

yup... taillights ruin a really handsome package. Bummer because the trimline and front end of the car look really sharp. I'd love to see one slammed with some 19"s....

·
Registered
18,842 Posts
Re: New altima on the highway.... darn those taillights! (idale)

Disgusted is a pretty strong word. I am disgusted by pedophiles, atrocities against humanity, cruelty to animals, and deplorable living conditions. I am not disgusted by taillights that are done in questionable taste.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts

Guess I'm in the minority here -- I think the taillights look good on the Altima.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Re: New altima on the highway.... darn those taillights! (RainbowGTI)

I've seen a total of about 5, that is since the car came out.
1 Corpus Christi
1 Austin
3 San Antonio
I guess I might be going the wrong places but figuring I do a lot of driving... I guess they aren't selling... check out http://www.freshalloy.com and see what they are saying over there...

·
Registered
16,243 Posts
Re: New altima on the highway.... darn those taillights! (dts)

quote:[HR][/HR]Guess I'm in the minority here -- I think the taillights look good on the Altima.[HR][/HR]​
They look like the Monte Carlo's.. at least in shape.

·
Registered
34,664 Posts

Tailights and interior are the only dislikes about the new Altima. Other than that, even 2.5S provides a great package.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Re: New altima on the highway.... darn those taillights! (A4Jetta)

After reading edmunds.com new article on the Altima 3.5SE, I was once again tempted to think about buying one.
http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/roadtests/roadtest/48102/article.html
However, with automatic, leather and a sunroof the price is $28k. For $28-$29k I'll take an Acura TL if I want a big Japanese sedan. The TL has a better looking interior, a better quality dealer network and a name I trust (Honda). The only Altima models that makes sense to me are the 2.5S or 2.5SL.
However, there is a manual transmission option on the 3.5SE Altima for those that want it, but this car would replace our Passat.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I've seen a total of about 5, that is since the car came out.
1 Corpus Christi
1 Austin
3 San Antonio
I guess I might be going the wrong places but figuring I do a lot of driving... I guess they aren't selling... check out http://www.freshalloy.com and see what they are saying over there...[HR][/HR]​
I can't move for tripping over a new Altima around here.

·
Banned
9,779 Posts
Re: New altima on the highway.... darn those taillights! (dts)

quote:[HR][/HR]Guess I'm in the minority here -- I think the taillights look good on the Altima.[HR][/HR]​
I don't mind them, either. But then again, I don't think they look like Altezzas, either. These are chrome bullets in the style of the old '50s cars, like the '55-59 Dodge. Just becasue they happen to be under plexiglass doesn't make them look like Altezzas to me.

·
Registered
18,842 Posts
Re: New altima on the highway.... darn those taillights! (Chris V)

I really like them too. But then again, I seem to be one of the few people that like the 2002 E46 3-series restyle....

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
hmm

I just sawe one this morning and I actually really approved of the taillights. probably because it was a silver car so they blended right in. The actual bulbs are cool too. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: hmm (Infiniti)

I think they look fine on any Altima except for the black ones, in which case I feel they just stand out too much. IMO they really look best on the silver. I'd acctualy be very interested to see how they look when slightly smoked.

·
Registered
13,444 Posts

ACTUALLY, the designers stated that the rear light clusters on the new Altima were inspired by the exhausts on motorcycles.
As far as performance is concerned, this car is a great buy.
The interior is a bit bland, but all the money's going to the drivetrain.
The car has a very nice shape if you ask me, but I am of the opinion that the taillights just don't work with the rest of the car.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]IAN- Get to work!!!! You slacking over der.
[HR][/HR]​
Okay, I worked for a few minutes, how's dat?

The tails could probably work on another car, or perhaps certain colors, but they would've done better with a slightly different design. I do think that smoking them would help, as it'd get rid of the large area of chrome around the bulbs (which is my main complaint with them: seems to contrast too much with the car, and not in a good way).

·
Registered
9,840 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I just sawe one this morning and I actually really approved of the taillights. probably because it was a silver car so they blended right in. The actual bulbs are cool too. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
Hey me too! I didnt think they were that bad!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Re: hmm (2lowA4)

While parking after getting back from lunch today, I saw a white Altima SE with the temporary sticker in the window go by. It looks pretty good from the front and side, but I think the back looks really droopy. The 16" wheels are way too small.
Price a loaded Altima and compare it to an almost-loaded Maxima. There's not much difference in price. I'd definitely take the Maxima for the price difference.
My $.02.

[Modified by PoorBoyMatt, 8:10 PM 11-28-2001]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts