VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 Audi A3 was in an accident and I repaired it myself but the airbag module needed replacing so I bought a new one from Audi dealer. The dealer refuses to code it to my car because it’s been in an accident. Is there a way for me to do it with VCDS or some other way?

·
Registered
673 Posts
You can sent your old module to SafetyRestore.com and they will reset it for you. I did it on my '12 GTI and will do it again on the '16 Audi TT that I just got from salvage auction. The accident triggers a bit to change from 0 to 1. What this company does is they reload the original coding to your module. It worked fine for me the first time around so I am not concern with their service. It's about $49 as far as I remember. You just need to be sure that you fix/replace the crash sensors so they don't trigger again the module.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can sent your old module to SafetyRestore.com and they will reset it for you. I did it on my '12 GTI and will do it again on the '16 Audi TT that I just got from salvage auction. The accident triggers a bit to change from 0 to 1. What this company does is they reload the original coding to your module. It worked fine for me the first time around so I am not concern with their service. It's about $49 as far as I remember. You just need to be sure that you fix/replace the crash sensors so they don't trigger again the module.
I did that and they returned it saying it was not responding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts