It’s back on. Trip is work related so I’d be taking my gas guzzling Tacoma if the Audi didn’t work out.Darn that’s unfortunate are you postponing the trip?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I popped the hood from underneath and found the torx screwdriver I had used earlier laying on the inner fender. I guess it was enough restriction to not allow the hood to pop easily. I reinstalled the cable end and tried it many times and it works as should now.
Wired the radio with fused constant and accessory power. Wired the amplified antenna booster as well as rear OEM amp. Amp is now intermittent. Front speakers work fine and will do for now. Ran a fused hot and ground from one of the big junctions in the footwell to a little spare CB I keep. I usually lay it on my backpack on the passenger side. Comes in handy and if America decides to have a ‘Freedom Convoy’ at least I’ll be somewhat privy to its happenings real time.
I had bought a gallon of Dawns soap to take with me. Sometime yesterday it fell over and the lid popped open. Literally half a gallon of this poured down the driver side over the widow maker box and down into the spare tire well. Holy hell is this hard to clean up proper. I have removed the carpet way back when I originally got the car and installed some 1/4” diamond plate rubber mat I also jacked from work. Glad I do or I’d have a quart of soap soaked into the carpet now.