VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, actually, winter had nothing to do with its demise. It was the original battery in my A3 so nearly 5 years is a lot. After calling around to the dealer and 5 auto part stores I found Farm and Fleet (here in Southern Wisconsin: "If they don;t have it, you don't need it") to have the lowest price at $74 after the battery swap. 3 year replacement warranty. The other prices ranged from $114-$150 and the replacement warranties were all 1 or 2 years.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Despite the age of the original battery, did it give indication that it was going weak, was it slow cranking, failed to start, needed a boost, etc?

I have batteries last me 10 years, key is not let it discharge, forget lights on...
it can recharge, but does not hold good capacity after repeated deep discharge events. It will indeed be weak for a cold AM engine start.

·
Registered
51,367 Posts
Cut back on the coffee.

·
Premium Member
11,314 Posts
I have always been a fan of Autozone's Duralast battery's. Had one in my Focus for 6 years and never once left me stranded. It's about the only thing I'll buy from Autozone aside from rattle paint and brake parts cleaner.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.