VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got these off of Porsche Pete's Boxster Board. Have no idea how authentic they are, but they look like the real deal. (By the way, the thread title is in error -- the coupe in the 2nd pic below is the new 997, not the Boxster)

Are the rear wheels significantly larger than the fronts or is it just an illusion due to the camera angle/perspective?

Modified by dubfan at 10:27 PM 7-14-2003

· Registered
1,344 Posts
Re: New Boxster (convertible and coupe!) -- spy pics (dubfan)

Is the coupe pic actually of the new Boxster, or of the upcoming 997?
If it is the Boxster . . . well, you know how people whined about the front of the old Boxster looking too similar to the 996 - I can only imagine what people will say when the whole thing looks similar. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
6,706 Posts

Are they finally putting a glass rear window on the boxster? It's off my list of cars to ever consider until it gets a glass rear window. Plastic is horrid and cheap. If VW can do it, so can they.

· Registered
1,331 Posts

I think they are both 997s, the first one is disguised as a Boxster. Both cars have the same front ends, doors, mirrors, windshields, etc. They could be Boxsters who knows, but they are both different versions of the same car.

· Registered
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: New Boxster (Buran)

Quote, originally posted by Buran »
Are they finally putting a glass rear window on the boxster? It's off my list of cars to ever consider until it gets a glass rear window. Plastic is horrid and cheap. If VW can do it, so can they.

The '03 Boxster has a glass rear window.

· Registered
3,258 Posts
Re: New Boxster (Buran)

Quote, originally posted by Buran »

i think porsche finally started doing that for 2002.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.