VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: New Car Purchasing FAQ (Double-V)

No, the holdback info is for the US only.

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: New Car Purchasing FAQ (vinny911)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: New Car Purchasing FAQ (Andrman)

Used cars are a real crap shoot and there is very little "applies to all" advice I personally can give. I would say that have any used car looked at by both a mechanic and a body shop and get a CarFax check done.

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: New Car Purchasing FAQ (aliengti)

I have read that extensively, unfortunately, I think some of his information and tactics are a bit dated.

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: New Car Purchasing FAQ (VW Jetta GLS)

Edmunds states that there are always legitimate advertising and other fees that they do not include because they vary from region to region.
Carsdirect.com is usually competitive, depending on the model and region. Like I said, it should be used as just another bargaining tool.

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: New Car Purchasing FAQ (robgti)

No, TMV does not include sales tax since rates vary from state to state. The amount of sales tax paid can also be affected by trade-in value.

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: New Car Purchasing FAQ (hotsoup)

TMV is simply a target price that indicates a fair price for both you and the dealer. It is by no means the lowest possible selling price. As for TMV prices being below invoice, I am not sure which cars you are looking at, but right now many makes and models have extra cash incentives on them. This will allow dealers to sell a car below what the factory invoice states, as I am sure you know. Even popular cars like the Honda Accord have over $1000 in incentives on them.

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: New Car Purchasing FAQ (hotsoup)

Right now, there is $1200 dealer cash on all '02 VW's (except the 337). However, you will not be able to get the special finance or lease rates with this rebate.

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: New Car Purchasing FAQ (robgti)

The are 100% accurate, but, in the case of VW, they do not include the port prep and floorplan reserve fees that are charged to the dealer and are legitimate additions to the invoice price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.