VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
MK4 GTI, B8.5 allroad, Gen4 Outback, ‘02 Monster
1,047 Posts
Re: New Car Purchasing FAQ (VeeDubDriver)

Is there any factory incentives on GTI 1.8T? I think there might have been some for Jetta 'cos I've been seeing specials on Jetta, i.e. cheap lease and stuff.

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: New Car Purchasing FAQ (hotsoup)

Right now, there is $1200 dealer cash on all '02 VW's (except the 337). However, you will not be able to get the special finance or lease rates with this rebate.

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: New Car Purchasing FAQ (robgti)

The are 100% accurate, but, in the case of VW, they do not include the port prep and floorplan reserve fees that are charged to the dealer and are legitimate additions to the invoice price.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Re: New Car Purchasing FAQ (VW Jetta GLS)

quote:[HR][/HR]Just one more thing to keep your eyes open for. Also, there is the ever-popular processing fee (can be around $180-$230).[HR][/HR]​
I want to try and fight this time around, but I hear it can be difficult. The dealer here charges $289.30 last time I bought a VW from them. I am out of state now and plan to do my own paperwork and paying sales tax, registration, etc. I want to try and not pay this if possible.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Re: New Car Purchasing FAQ (VeeDubDriver)

Well, you have been busy today!!!
What an effort...talk about the old college try...
Only correction is the Incentive Money...It is just that, it is not a rebate, it does
not go to the customer, and therefore is not taxable to the customer...In addition, it is $1250; not $1200...
Again, Great Job http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
18,816 Posts
Re: New Car Purchasing FAQ (haunted reality)

quote:[HR][/HR]I want to try and fight this time around, but I hear it can be difficult. The dealer here charges $289.30 last time I bought a VW from them.[HR][/HR]​
Where I live, that "fee" is 100% negotiable. If they try to press the point, get up from your chair, say "No thank-you", and start walking towards the door. No dealer will let you walk out of the showroom if you refuse to pay it. In New England, the paperwork burden is 10 minutes with a typewriter to fill out a form. That costs them less than filling the tank with gasoline.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.