VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Re: New Car sightings in Southern California... (tiptronic)

Tiptronic,
That's awesome! I live in Arcadia but commute to work in Valencia, and I've seen some protos as well. About six months ago I saw a convoy of thinly-disguised Cadillac CTS's going down the 5 in Sylmar. Boy they were ugly, and not because of their disguise either!

About a year ago, I was traveling to Lake Tahoe on the 395 and saw a lime green VW Lupo along with a Golf and a Jetta. Is VW thinking about bringing the Lupo (or Polo) here? Hmmm.
More recently, I saw a black Mercedes A-Class in Old Town Pasadena. It looked pretty cool in an urban setting, but I wonder how they imported it here?
And finally, two months ago I saw the new Ford Mondeo in a parking lot in Palm Springs -- it had Mexican plates. It looked really good (for a Ford), and surprisingly Passat-like in profile (no surprise since the designer J. Mays came from VW!). Why Ford doesn't sell the slick new Mondeo here instead of the lame Taurus is beyond me.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Re: New Car sightings in Southern California... (tiptronic)

Wow, what a coincidence. I bought my TT roadster from Rusnak last year. I'm thinking about the A4 Avant and mostly likely it will be from Rusnak as well. As for the S6 sedan, perhaps they will bring it here if the Avant is well received. The A6 line really needs an image boost despite already having the awesome 2.7T and 4.2 V8. The S6 sedan is no M5, but at least Audi has a head-to-head product to compete with. Why Audi brought the Avant over before the sedan is beyond me. Perhaps that's why Audi is demoting CEO Paefgen to run Bently next year.
As for the Corolla, I believe they will replace the current one next year with the one you saw. I know, it looks way better, almost like a mini IS300, especially from the rear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.