VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my car back from it's 1st service visit(to fix some sqeaky seat, alignment, etc). my car is less than 3 weeks old. i for got to tell them not to give it a "scratch-o-matic" wash, so now i got some fine scratches in the front and rear bumpers. I am planning to wash and wax my car this weekend and try to "fix" the scratches. Can someone recommend some products for the scratches and procedure for the scratches from start to finish? It's my 1st car and I don't want to hurt it. I am guessing I just wash the car normally by hand-then i fix the scratches or do i have to wash it differently if i plan to fix them. I've heard of people washing their cars differently to get the wax off before they fix scratches. BTW my car is reflex silver. Thanks......

·
Registered
693 Posts
Re: New car went through scratch-o-matic dealer carwash! (tchockygti)

I love Meguiars products I use the Mirror Line, in the tan bottle. If they are truly fine scratches try some #7 Show Car Glaze. If they are still there try some Meguiars Scratch X. Remember if you want the right surface to work with, I would recomend clay baring your car to prep the surface. Any Fine cut. Medium Cut etc, is going to remove more clearcoat than needed...IMO

[Modified by Matchschtick, 7:26 PM 4-10-2002]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.