VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i bougth my new cd player Pioneer 4400 its really cool.. i like it alot.
Anyway the sleve is too big to fit in the radio dash spot ... Should i sand it down a little. I would just jam my other cd player in, but this ones bigger.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Re: New Cd player Problems (VeDubYah)

quote:[HR][/HR]To small? i thought all cd players and slots for them were universal..
anyways, hmm try sliding that bracket off the cd player.[HR][/HR]​
There is a DIN standard and an ISO DIN standard. These terms are used very loosely depending on who you talk to. Some refer to DIN as the general size of the radio or the opening: roughly 7.125" wide by 2.125" tall. This usually fits most DIN radios with the mounting sleeve intact. ISO or ISO DIN is usually a term for a slightly smaller opening of 6.8-7" by 1.8-2" that allows for only the width of the nosepiece of the radio without the trim ring or mounting sleeve (tin can). You notice that when you remove the sleeve of the stereo there are 5x8mm threaded holes in the side for ISO MOUNT. These holes are are designed to spec for the metal side brackets of many Japanese vehicles that have ISO openings.
It is common to have to file a little bit for different brands of units. Not every radio is the exact same size. You should use the metal sleeve. Also see if your unit comes with a rubber peg for the back. In our cars you will notice a metal loop at the back of the radio cavity. It is the rear support for the factory radio. If you attach the rubber peg to the back of your cd player then you can use the VW rear support which will make your mount even more stable. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by jervwgti, 12:44 AM 4-10-2002]

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: New Cd player Problems (jervwgti)

thanks guys, Yeah it has that rubber peg attachment i'm going to use it. Yeah i'm gonna file the plastic a tad just to squeeze it in with the sleeve. I can't wait to hook it6 up I been driving for like 3 month with no deck
. I'm gonna use my amp and sub back up. I'm using butt connectors to hook the cd player up i wanna make sure it a good connection and I wanna sodier them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.