VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Jetta TDI 245K miles dying (rust), 2002 Jetta TDI 240K miles (auto transmission died)
7 Posts
Hi Mike,

I have just joined in as a "premium member" and finally figured out why I could not post in the WTB classifieds.

May I suggest that this information be included in a "welcome" to VWVortex message for new members.

You guys are doing great job and the info I got from this site have helped me a great deal,

Thank you,
L

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've had an account for 14 years and only have like 11 posts (talk about ultra-low mileage! :)) I went to post my .:R for sale but I haven't logged in for quite some time - I am guessing it will just take a bit now that I've signed in again for it to catch me in the upgrade net but if I need to do something else let me know!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also the only way I found this info was not in the classified forums themselves or anything but finally searching Google for 'vwvortex insufficient privileges classifieds' and this was the first result. I echo previous comments that it should be a little easier to find this info - but glad to see the Vortex is still alive!

·
Registered
894 Posts
I registered a couple of years ago but I haven't been on the site for a while. I need to PM someone can you update my account? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m normally a TDIClub lurker since I always had issues loading vortex on my phone (had to make it go to desktop mode then back to mobile or it wouldn’t load anything), would you be able to make it so I can PM another member about their car? They were interested in selling it, but haven’t made any posts outside of the classifieds.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi. My previous account was Redscare. Rejoined after many years away. Trying to reply to a pot on my for sale thread. Any help? Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So how am i, having not been active here for years, supposed to reach out to someone who has an ad for a car for sale? Very frustrating, I understand spam but come on..

·
Administrator
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
So how am i, having not been active here for years, supposed to reach out to someone who has an ad for a car for sale? Very frustrating, I understand spam but come on..
The site automatically updates long dormant accounts once they become active again, which is what happened with yours at 3:23am.

-Mike

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
If you have any questions, please use this thread and either myself or the site staff will answer them as quickly as we see them.

-Mike
Hey Mike, Would it be possible to get promoted. 19 years on the site but sold my last vw in 2019 so have taken time off from the forums but would like to clear out parts inventory in the classifieds.
and yeah I agree with the reasoning totally.
Thanks much,
Shawn

·
Registered
11 Posts
Long time lurker; hoping to get promoted so that I can post some parts for sale. Jetta Tuneberg was totaled by the insurance company :/ I retained it for salvage cost, and purchased another parts car as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hope it is acceptable to spam my own reply, I am just short of the 10 post requirement, and do not want to clutter up another thread somewhere with trivial comments. I have searched for about 20 minutes, and don't have anything of value to add to other posts in the two model specific forums I browse.

Long time lurker; hoping to get promoted so that I can post some parts for sale. Jetta Tuneberg was totaled by the insurance company :/ I retained it for salvage cost, and purchased another parts car as well.

21 - 40 of 92 Posts