VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi there,

I believe my account qualifies to PM & reply to FS threads, however due to this change I can't. Could you please manually adjust my privileges? (I've been inactive for a while)

Thanks a bunch!

Ahhh nice, once I posted this it unlocked some achievements and then seemed to update the server on my post & account age status. Looks like I'm good to go!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looking for a promotion this morning; however, as of now my account allows responses in certain classified forums but not others. Also, I was unable to find a means for sending PM's. Thanks in advance for any Admin assistance.

·
Administrator
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Looking for a promotion this morning; however, as of now my account allows responses in certain classified forums but not others. Also, I was unable to find a means for sending PM's. Thanks in advance for any Admin assistance.
All set.

-Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

I am one of the lurker types, been part of the forums for over a year. I just try not to post unless I can't find the answer with the search. My mom and step-dad are looking for a Mk7 gti or golf R, and I found a nice one in the classified section. I would like to PM the seller to link him/her with my parents. Could you give me that ability?

Thanks,
Will

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Similar to Metalmanrw above. I'm a long time lurker but recently wanted to list my car for sale here but these new requirements are in play. Bumped up to a Premium membership hoping that would be a clear indication I'm no spammer but no change.

·
Administrator
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Similar to Metalmanrw above. I'm a long time lurker but recently wanted to list my car for sale here but these new requirements are in play. Bumped up to a Premium membership hoping that would be a clear indication I'm no spammer but no change.
Site updated automatically about 2 hours ago.

-Mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
I understand why this policy was enacted but maybe it should be posted clearly on the home page or at the top of the classifieds page so we as prospective or new members will know in advance about this policy.
I am not going to sugarcoat this. I joined because a member has a diesel intake I am interested in. Not saying I would never post but it seems senseless to post 10 useless comments like " cool car man" or "how did that work out for ya? and clutter a thread as well as eat valuable storage the forum could use for constructive, necessary comments, only to lose out on the item that got me here in the first place.
I am 61 years old, retired/disabled, have been a mechanic over 40 years and have built streetrods, street machines, 4WD vehicles and motorcycles from boxes of parts. If I have a problem I do not have the answer to my nephew is a mechanic with diesel experience who started out working in my shop at 17.
I am building a Samurai with a 1.6 diesel conversion from scratch including all new wiring, gages, modified braking, etc and do not have any questions at this point. That could change but probably not in the next 10 days.
Not being inflammatory, but whether some members like it or not there will always be the "lurking classifieds buyers". They still are contributing thru buying parts from members.
It may also encourage less outgoing people to post since they know a couple members thru the classifieds.
Obviously that does not describe me. Besides being a mechanic, multiple business owner and all around fungi, I am a local rock musician, songwtiter and am trying my hand at a novel (about the pandemic of all things). I also worked as a Karaoke host at many local establishments. I have never hidden from the public eye.
Hell, if you read all the way to here you may feel like this qualifies for 10 posts and 10 days.(lol)
Maybe a better solution would be to allow new members to buy from existing classifieds, but not sell until they meet certain requirements. If anyone were caught posting for sale items on another persons classifieds to circumvent, that could be dealt with as necessary.
Enough, I have a long day ahead and do not normally have this much time to post comments but this is important to me. I would like to buy the intake but I got one from eBay, I can watch for another if necessary.
Thanks,Metalmanrw
:cool:🎸(y)
As a new member I would also appreciate this being on the front page. I'm glad I found this thread though! I also joined because a member posted a GTI for sale that caught my attention and it took a little bit to find out why I couldn't comment or pm the seller. Hope it doesn't sell before my 10 days run up!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm a very old member with multiple long periods of inactivity, but I should meet both the post count and age of account requirements. I went to post a WTB ad, and was unable to. Can you please check my account?

·
Administrator
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I'm a very old member with multiple long periods of inactivity, but I should meet both the post count and age of account requirements. I went to post a WTB ad, and was unable to. Can you please check my account?
Site automatically updated you. All set.

-Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm a 77 yr old newbie to the site and to forums in general. Don't know at all how this works, but there is a thread for Audi TTRS that has information I really need to follow up on with posters a few years ago. Is that possible? New to me 2012 TTRS is on the truck headed this way :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh wow. Now I understand. I've been a member for over 10 days and was able to send pm's. I'm usually not on here as much, but I do peruse the classifieds for deals for parts for my golf r. I was able to make some purchases prior, but not anymore. Guess I'll try and post more. Thanks for the explanation

·
Administrator
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Another post from PM so I can PM members when I get to 10.
A good way to go and get your minimum posts is to go to the New Member Introductions area and welcome a handful of new members. If you have not posted your own introduction, why not make one? That is a quick way to get yet another post count and not raise too many eyebrows for spamming messages just to get access.

Daniel

61 - 80 of 92 Posts