VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I was building my 4dr gti nav/sun roof and noticed that the 2013 changes have been added to the configurator. Upon reviewing the color and interior options, there seemed to be a new style of cloth seat for the 2013 model year. It seems as though they will be the euro top sport cloth seats. I'm curious to see if these will actually be arriving here this summer.

·
Registered
316 Posts
they look the same, but i have the leather seats so I cant be 100% sure.:confused:

·
Registered
319 Posts
they look the same, but i have the leather seats so I cant be 100% sure.:confused:
Headrest is down inside the top of the seat now, Kinda a minor change if you ask me but it looks cleaner. Don't like the whole gti on the headrest however.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Headrest is down inside the top of the seat now, Kinda a minor change if you ask me but it looks cleaner. Don't like the whole gti on the headrest however.
also seems a bit wider. they probably did this from the guy on here complaining he was too fat for the current model's seats :p

i don't like the pattern though, its not the same styling as the interlagos cloth we have...too big for my taste imo.

·
Registered
319 Posts
also seems a bit wider. they probably did this from the guy on here complaining he was too fat for the current model's seats :p

i don't like the pattern though, its not the same styling as the interlagos cloth we have...too big for my taste imo.
If you're to obese to fit into your seat maybe it's time you consider a diet, not blame vw because their seat are too "small".

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
If you're to obese to fit into your seat maybe it's time you consider a diet, not blame vw because their seat are too "small".
Now, to be fair, the seats are pretty damn snug for me at 5'8", 148lb.

(shameless bragging: they were way more snug when I bought the car at 184lb a year ago)

Not sure how I feel about the plaid being extended down the front of the seat, either.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
not me, i fit just fine @ 5'9" 185lbs.

someone on here was complaining about it a few months back. it was a mild joke. jeez.

·
Registered
319 Posts
not me, i fit just fine @ 5'9" 185lbs.

someone on here was complaining about it a few months back. it was a mild joke. jeez.
I wasn't referring to yourself but jeez, my uncle is 40 pounds over weight (that's what he tell me) and he fit in my passenger seat without issue, even said it was comfortable. I'd imagine for the seat to be too small you'd have to be a fairly hefty person.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I wasn't referring to yourself but jeez, my uncle is 40 pounds over weight (that's what he tell me) and he fit in my passenger seat without issue, even said it was comfortable. I'd imagine for the seat to be too small you'd have to be a fairly hefty person.
yeah. i just vividly remember a guy getting trolled hard saying he was too big to fit in the seat, and he said he was only 5'7", so leads me to believe that he may have been....a little large for his height.

·
Registered
'21 Ranger Tremor, '19 MX-5 Club BBR, '21 Ducati Hypermotard
41,770 Posts
Now, to be fair, the seats are pretty damn snug for me at 5'8", 148lb.

(shameless bragging: they were way more snug when I bought the car at 184lb a year ago)

Not sure how I feel about the plaid being extended down the front of the seat, either.
Really? 6'2" 190 and they are fine.

My track seats are snug, where you can't even move your thigh.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Really? 6'2" 190 and they are fine.

My track seats are snug, where you can't even move your thigh.
Well, I mean "snug" as in "sporty", really. They aren't so tight so as to be uncomfortable or anything. I love the seats, they're great on long trips. I'm just saying I could see how somebody that really isn't much bigger than me could find them a bit tight.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I like 'em except for the GTI on the headrest.
Seeing as that we're all "weighing in" (Get it? Pun intended!) on the fit of the seats. I'm 5'11", 205 and even I fit in the seat just fine. They are quite comfortable, even on long trips.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.