VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let me start off by saying that i bought this car unfinished .. i went and bought this 92 GLI tonight with a axel out and some other misc stuff that it needed to get it goin .
so the previous owner blew the tranny .. put in a 8v tranny minus the axel ... i got it in .. car started and whatnot and the clutch wont dissengage . the clutch cable isnt broke ... and when its pushed to the floor the top of the lever on the tranny comes up to about the mid of the large allen. how far should it come up ? almost to the part where the cable goes through the tranny ? anyways any thoughts before i tear it apart . the only thing i can think of is the rod that presses on the pressure plate is bent or something ?
keep in mind this is a 8v tranny in a 16v . i dont think it should make a difference .. since he used the 8v inner cvs and 16v PP

thanks for any help
pic for views ... my other project

· Registered
1,999 Posts
Re: new clutch in .. clutch wont diss-engage (Trevahhhh)

Did you try the clutch master cylinder-the rod that ingages the clutch might be frezoen or stuck maybe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.