VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new coil pack this afternoon, after spending an hour messing with it, we put it on, reconnected the battery and the car will not start. It trys but doesn't turn over ... any ideas? could the part bad? how likely is that? or do we need to clear the computer somehow in order for it to all work? Put the old part on and it works fine ... dont understand!!!

· Registered
11,781 Posts
Re: New Coil Pack Not Working! Ideas? (xmeganx327x)

I was gonna say disconnect/reconnect the battery to reset the ECU, but you did that. You could try disconnecting it for a bit longer, maybe 30 minutes. See if that does the trick.

· Registered
8,816 Posts
Re: New Coil Pack Not Working! Ideas? (xmeganx327x)

this may sound stupid... but double check all the plug wire are connected in the correct order and that connector on top of the coilpack is snapped in FIRMLY
the odds of having a dud brand new coilpack are slim

· Registered
8,816 Posts
Re: New Coil Pack Not Working! Ideas? (Uncalm)

Quote, originally posted by Uncalm »
I was gonna say disconnect/reconnect the battery to reset the ECU, but you did that. You could try disconnecting it for a bit longer, maybe 30 minutes. See if that does the trick.

shouldn't really make a diff...

· Registered
3,368 Posts
Re: New Coil Pack Not Working! Ideas? (trixx)

Quote, originally posted by trixx »
this may sound stupid... but double check all the plug wire are connected in the correct order and that connector on top of the coilpack is snapped in FIRMLY
the odds of having a dud brand new coilpack are slim

probally the best bet. sometimes its tricky to get the wires settled all the way in to the slots. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Administrator
28,730 Posts
Re: New Coil Pack Not Working! Ideas? (Filthydubber)

Quote, originally posted by Filthydubber »

probally the best bet. sometimes its tricky to get the wires settled all the way in to the slots. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

But he's saying that when he puts the old one back in it works (at least I think he said that?).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.