VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded my 2017 6 speed Jetta GLI for this 2021 GTI SE a few days ago.

Loving it so far, love this color!

Wanted a GTI when I bought the GLI but at the time, GTI's were more $$$ than I wanted to spend. Finally made the switch and I'm glad I did!

Still breaking it in.

Tinted windows will be the first mod, waiting on my tint guy to get me scheduled (tomorrow hopefully) then vinyl wrap the rest of the roof in black and a catback exhaust for the DSG pops and gurgles!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Congrats! Just got the same car. Replaced my Sportwagen. The color is awesome!

Reactions: blue-sun

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Traded my 2017 6 speed Jetta GLI for this 2021 GTI SE a few days ago.

Loving it so far, love this color!

Wanted a GTI when I bought the GLI but at the time, GTI's were more $$$ than I wanted to spend. Finally made the switch and I'm glad I did!

Still breaking it in.

Tinted windows will be the first mod, waiting on my tint guy to get me scheduled (tomorrow hopefully) then vinyl wrap the rest of the roof in black and a catback exhaust for the DSG pops and gurgles!

VW of Evanston?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good!! What kind of deals are they running on them right now?
Thanks!

I got this SE for 30k + TTL

I also bought my GLI at the same dealership 4.5 years ago, same salesguy. They matched Carvana/Vroom offers on the GLI and got me to 30k on the GTI, so I can't complain at all (aside from the finance guy, he REALLY pushed for extended plans and even after saying no multiples times, he was magically able to save me nearly 2% ARP on my loan when I agreed to the 2 most basic "plans" for $5 more per month at the lower rate. Mario Grbavac was my salesguy both times and he was awesome. Did all the negotiating via text/email/phone (since I live about 60 miles away from the dealership). We were in constant communication, even while I was on my way, I gave him a 10 min ETA update and he had all his paperwork ready for me to sign and his part was done in under 2 minutes when I got there. I have no complaints with him!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks!

I got this SE for 30k + TTL

I also bought my GLI at the same dealership 4.5 years ago, same salesguy. They matched Carvana/Vroom offers on the GLI and got me to 30k on the GTI, so I can't complain at all (aside from the finance guy, he REALLY pushed for extended plans and even after saying no multiples times, he was magically able to save me nearly 2% ARP on my loan when I agreed to the 2 most basic "plans" for $5 more per month at the lower rate. Mario Grbavac was my salesguy both times and he was awesome. Did all the negotiating via text/email/phone (since I live about 60 miles away from the dealership). We were in constant communication, even while I was on my way, I gave him a 10 min ETA update and he had all his paperwork ready for me to sign and his part was done in under 2 minutes when I got there. I have no complaints with him!

Definitely good deal! I wouldn't have passed that up!!! Congrats again!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sat in that car on the showroom floor about a week ago and thought how nice it was...looks like you took it straight over to the lakefront park for the first photo(y)
Thanks!

Oh nice!

Are you on TheChicagoGarage forums at all? I found them last fall and I've been pretty active there. It's a good local forum and there's a "Ride of the Month" thread with different themes and this month's theme was water. I posted a joke pic of the GLI with some gallons of water the day before or day of me getting the GTI. I figured I was really close to the Lake, might as well get "proper" pics for my entry this month.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got some Gtechniq G1 Clearvision coating and applied it to all the exterior glass. Did 3 coats on each the windshield and the rear hatch glass and 1 coat on all the side windows and the sunroof glass.

Also, washed the wife’s Edge ST today. I still have to give the GTI a proper car wash, paint correction and ceramic coating. Until then I’m only doing touchless washes.

The double blue cars in our garage:

·
Registered
333 Posts
I bought the same car a month ago. Love! It! I had an appointment to come see your car at your dealer, then my local guy picked one up from a dealer trade in Columbus.

I got pretty much the same deal too.

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts