VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its not a corrado but its one of the FEW cars id sell my corrado adn soul to own...
"...1001hp quad-turbo 16-cylinder sports car will go on sale later this year for an undisclosed amount of money rumored to be over $650,000."
"... two W8 engines mated end to end and forcefed by a total of 4 turbochargers to produce exactly 1001hp DIN horsepower. The new 16-cylinder Veyron should reach a top speed of more than 400 km/h (248 mph) and accelerate from 0 to 300 km/h (0-186 mph) in under 14 seconds."
"Power is transmitted to the wheels through a paddle-shift seven-speed direct shift gearbox (DSG) with twin clutches."

more pics here: http://vwvortex.rely.net/galle...eyron#

·
Registered
11,535 Posts
There was a nice article about this car in my last Autoweek.. Price is now upwards of 1.5 million. HP is less than 1000, but it still does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds and can go from 0-186MPH in 14 seconds!

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Re: (vw mofo)

yeah...last i heard the price was a good $1 mil...and yeah...the HP was more like 980 i believe...not that thats in anyway bad
...but still

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
Re: (6cylVWguy)

986hp to be precise.
Wouldnt we all love to see this run against the current exotic champ, the Enzo.
Place ure bets now.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Re: (Schnell-Corrado)

that's a awesome car.. but damn that's gonna get me broke for life time till I become famous or win the lotto.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Re: (SlientG60)

i think those have mistaken this car for the W16... even though this has 2 W8's the model of the car that many might be thinking is actually a W16...
but i could be wrong but where i read it, it said the model of the car was a W16 that produces 1001hp on a quad turbo

Modified by vdubCorrado at 5:00 PM 7-2-2003

·
Registered
829 Posts
Re: (cramer)

Quote, originally posted by cramer »
stop with the next corrado crap.. at least the Mercedes can be argued that it resembles a corrado, this, not even close

EXACTLY

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Re: (Sleeper6341)

I think it's kinda pathetic that it takes TWO W8 enignes and FOUR turbos just to get 980 some HP.... There is Supras out there that do that much, hell I have even seen a 2.0 turbo Honda do 700.
I would still give up all my possensions for that car.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Re: New corrado... (danny_16v)

Quote, originally posted by danny_16v »

Thats what Im talking about!!! This little car will be super fun!!!

yeah to bad we'll never see it here in the states

·
Registered
M340i xDrive
9,132 Posts
Re: New corrado... (tiredofh2o3)

I just wanted to add that the 1001hp number is for euro gross HP whereas in the US we use the SAE/net rating which computes to 986

·
Registered
454 Posts
I got "Automobile magazine's Top 40 Cars Worth Waiting For" And Bugati Veyron got Number 8.
What: Volkswagen Resurrects (once again) the fabled Bugatti marque is a 987-hp, all-wheel-drive supercar. a mid-mounted, 8.0 liter quad-turbo W-16 delivers 922 pound-feet of torque via a seven-speed, double clutch, paddle-shift transmission. VW promises the car will hit 186MPH [300kph] in only 14 seconds and press o to a top speed of 252MPh.
When: To be unveiled at Pebble Beach this August.
Why: to on-up the enzo ferrari in performance and cost [rumoreeed to be a cool $1 million] and claim the King Of the Road title for VW, thus realizing former chairman Ferdinand Piech's megalomanical dream.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (CarZOne)

i did not really mean this was the next corrado people... just posting here cause i thought u guys migh likes it....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts