VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I saw that DeAutokey had new bulbs and I immediately wanted them. Don't get me wrong the oem cc adaptive headlights are great. I just wanted them to be a bit whiter (more like the new led headlights color on other cars acura,mb,bmw,mazda, etc.)

I opted for the 5500k and am very happy with the outcome. I just put them in 5 min ago so I haven't seen them at night but from looking at oem and this it looks great.

Here is a picture of the DeAutokey 5500k on the left and oem color on the right. The color matches the drl led better too. The garage wall is gray so the color may be off but it looks pure white with a hint of blue.

Found this YouTube video (not mine do at your own risk/will) props to the guy who made it.

https://youtu.be/rst7XCk6Ids

·
Registered
814 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I went around looking through forums and such and many recommend the Sylvania osram bulbs if you were replacing oem bulbs. So I got them to compare to the deautokey ones.

My garage wall is gray and camera doesn't truly get the color but you can tell the difference.

This is at startup car is off.

Here is after 2min and the car is on bulbs now fully warmed up

You can see the osram on the left is more yellow than the deautokey on the right. As far as brightness goes they are equal if not deautokey is a tad brighter. This is their 5500k color. In person the color is pure white with a hint of blue. Way better than oem imo

Don't mind the dirty headlight

So overall I'm very happy with the deautokey set that I bought. And it costs less than the Sylvania osram. Another reason I like them is every other bulb so far has been great and deautokey is an active member on here and backs their product.

Hope this helps

·
Vendor
22,838 Posts
Thanks again everyone who made our intro-pricing a huge success, many people are now running our D1/2/3s bulbs with great feedback!

The listing will be up in a few weeks when they are in full production.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was hoping to revive the thread by asking for an update, since you installed them nearly a year ago.

How have they held up? Did you keep the deAutoLED bulbs and put aside the Osrams?

·
Vendor
22,838 Posts
I was hoping to revive the thread by asking for an update, since you installed them nearly a year ago.

How have they held up? Did you keep the deAutoLED bulbs and put aside the Osrams?
Thanks for taking the time to ask for an update, on the ones we have been testing for a few years now have all been great. :thumbup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ok so I saw that DeAutokey had new bulbs and I immediately wanted them. Don't get me wrong the oem cc adaptive headlights are great. I just wanted them to be a bit whiter (more like the new led headlights color on other cars acura,mb,bmw,mazda, etc.)

I opted for the 5500k and am very happy with the outcome. I just put them in 5 min ago so I haven't seen them at night but from looking at oem and this it looks great.

Here is a picture of the DeAutokey 5500k on the left and oem color on the right. The color matches the drl led better too. The garage wall is gray so the color may be off but it looks pure white with a hint of blue.

Maybe about a ~2 year update then?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have these same bulbs and have had them for abouy a year or more. No issues. Great visibility at night especially if there are no other lights around. When it's wet on the ground it's a little more difficult to see(but that's because of going from 4300k to 5500k and they reflect different) but still perfrom very well. For the price I highly recommend them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
22,838 Posts
Maybe about a ~2 year update then?
We can assure you that these are great just from our customer feedback, we never had an issue or email saying otherwise about these kits.

They are going to be a clean white and very bright so it will be added visibility.

I have these same bulbs and have had them for abouy a year or more. No issues. Great visibility at night especially if there are no other lights around. When it's wet on the ground it's a little more difficult to see(but that's because of going from 4300k to 5500k and they reflect different) but still perfrom very well. For the price I highly recommend them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thank you for the feedback, we really appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts