VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called potterman about a new distributor, which is listed on their website as about $150. I was informed the new ones are no longer available, but they'd be glad to sell me a rebuilt one for $225
I guess our cars are getting old.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Re: new distributors no longer available? (AntoineJo)

I've still got a bunch of new Bosch ones left for less than 150.00.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Re: new distributors no longer available? (rockin16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]cdn?I've still got a bunch of new Bosch ones left for less than 150.00.
:: paul grabz it and starts runnin..... ::[HR][/HR]​
USD. too bad, eh?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Re: new distributors no longer available? (estus)

quote:[HR][/HR]I called potterman about a new distributor, which is listed on their website as about $150. I was informed the new ones are no longer available, but they'd be glad to sell me a rebuilt one for $225
I guess our cars are getting old.[HR][/HR]​
I got a new one from Denon just the other day. I guess they have'em in stock. Hit'em up.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Re: new distributors no longer available? (vfarren)

quote:[HR][/HR]
I got a new one from Denon just the other day. I guess they have'em in stock. Hit'em up.[HR][/HR]​
Denon? Never heard about them, who could I contact over there?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

I got a new one from Denon just the other day. I guess they have'em in stock. Hit'em up.
Denon? Never heard about them, who could I contact over there?
[HR][/HR]​
Me neither!!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts

That's BS. there are new distributors made . All the US tuners don't wanna carry them though. What about the ABF distributor ? Isn't the same as the PL? All the 16V VWs in Europe since use probably the same distributor, even 1.4, 1.6 8V use the same distributor mounted on the side of the head like the 16V. And what about the SEAT cars? they still use the ABF engine.
The tuners make more money by selling rebuilt ones rather than importing new ones.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Re: new distributors no longer available? (Dimitri16V)

too late, I've already stocked a few dozens in my anti-nuclear shelter. I'll NEVER run out of distributors! mouahahahaha!
Denon might have a few left, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Re: new distributors no longer available? (Dimitri16V)

quote:[HR][/HR]That's BS. there are new distributors made . All the US tuners don't wanna carry them though. [HR][/HR]​
for what it's worth that's not just "a conspiracy of the tuners" as i was told the same by a local parts source recently (in the last couple of weeks).
that being that only rebuilt's are available with a core charge.
dp

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Re: new distributors no longer available? (Action Jackson)

Sorry, I total misread that....
thanx, and ya, too bad. That means its $3,000,000 for me after exchange[HR][/HR]​
no..i bought mine for !450 canadian, not USD. The rest is shop markup. i got mine at cost. (actually i think they had to charge me tax... so add another 14%)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts