VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
25,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May 1st, June 26th, Aug 28th, and Oct 9th are this years Import Day events. They cut it down as they felt is was happeneing too often and people wouldn;t get excited for it. Also, there is a new tree going in with LED lights instead of the incadescent ones. Not sure when it is going in.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Re: New England Dragway Events/News (Ghetto-8v)

ya ijmport days are the worst...tons of ricers and you get like 2 runs the whole friggin night....for all the new england locals we need to get a day together to all go up like on either a wednesday or a friday...letrs do this
EbKrEw

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Re: New England Dragway Events/News (SilverRabbitGTI)

I went up there last year, second friday night of the season, three dubs in the whole place, the rest were ricers and stangs.

·
Registered
25,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote, originally posted by SilverRabbitGTI »
ya ijmport days are the worst...tons of ricers and you get like 2 runs the whole friggin night....for all the new england locals we need to get a day together to all go up like on either a wednesday or a friday...letrs do this
EbKrEw

There are a bunch of VW's there on Wednesdays and Fridays more towards summer. I'm there almost every wednesday and every other Friday.

·
Banned
1,055 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Ghetto-8v »

There are a bunch of VW's there on Wednesdays and Fridays more towards summer. I'm there almost every wednesday and every other Friday.

maybe ill be there this year.....yes pete to run my 17.6 LOL

·
Registered
11,512 Posts

EbKrEw

You want runs, rent the track, thats what I do. Every wednesday, from noon to 5, run from 1-5. 125 bux or it was last year, got to sign up early. Maybe ill post up when the van is finished, as I plan on renting for all of my shake down runs, and maybe once more to make sure I hit the 12 sec mark where I want it.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 12 second minivan [/Homer]

·
Registered
11,512 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Ghetto-8v »
Lmao. Let me know when that is. I'll go.

Can do, thats another thing thats nice about renting, crew gets in free. You just need a name to drop that is on the list, and you are in. O yeah, they only allow a 25 car count on a rental day, you can run back to back to back to back.................... or untill you overheat and blow it up.
There are occasional oil downs, but thats racin, it happens. It does suck on your rental day as it cuts out a lot of runs, but hey...... WTF right

·
Registered
7,865 Posts
Re: New England Dragway Events/News (TheGinMill)

Matt tell me when you want to rent it out. My brother is ichin to do that ever since you told him that at D's house. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,512 Posts
Re: New England Dragway Events/News (CorradoG60)

Quote, originally posted by CorradoG60 »
Matt tell me when you want to rent it out. My brother is ichin to do that ever since you told him that at D's house. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Head probably wont be done untill April, hoping for a little earlier, just found one, getting shipped to the prot polish guy tomorrow. I will do a ton of street tuning with the wide band and datalogger, then a session or two on the dyno, then a regular track visit to get used to the slicks, then I will finally rent the track. Most likely around the end of May begining of June, but I will have to make the appointment a month to 6 weeks in advance, if they are as busy on rental days as last year.
Last year there were issues with rain, and it backed up the wait list.

·
Registered
766 Posts

k, i gotta question for all you regulars
i took my mini down there last summer and that was pretty cool...
but i wanna bring my rabbit.
now on "street night" it says you can bring regular street legal cars down there...what about cars that are more or less street legal but don't have a sticker?
basically what i'm saying is, my car is not inspected (it is registered) can i bring it or do i have to go another night?
and also when they say you have to run DOT tires...what about DOT slicks?? my hoosier autoxers are DOT stamped..
and if i CAN bring it...lets do a GTG!

·
Registered
455 Posts

Quote, originally posted by TheGinMill »

You want runs, rent the track, thats what I do. Every wednesday, from noon to 5, run from 1-5. 125 bux or it was last year, got to sign up early. Maybe ill post up when the van is finished, as I plan on renting for all of my shake down runs, and maybe once more to make sure I hit the 12 sec mark where I want it.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 12 second minivan [/Homer]

renting the track is i think 100 bucks a piece...i could be wrong....but unless you have a car you are tryin to dial in i dont think its really worth it...either way i cant wait till april..... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
25,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I might be able to get u bumped or something if there is a list. My sister works at the track.

·
Registered
25,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: New England Dragway Events/News (sgren737)

As long as your windshield is un cracked, u have a catch can, good belts, etc u should be ok. Non inspected/registered vehicles can run. Slicks I'm not sure of. Put them on afterwards or something lol

·
Registered
11,512 Posts

As long as you have a DOT stamp on the tire, and good tread on the fronts, you can run. No need for a plate or inspection, you will however have to pass tech.

renting the track is i think 100 bucks a piece...i could be wrong....but unless you have a car you are tryin to dial in i dont think its really worth it...either way i cant wait till April..... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

It was a sawbuck last year, I will assume that it will go up this year, because they can. It was a long wait list, and everyone was packed to the 25 car limit(2 or 3 had way more, like 50 cars, due to rain outs, if it had happened to me, I would have been pissed)
It is totally worth it, I got very sick of the boy racers that go up there and round robin, oil down the track, sit on a rev limiter until the PVC pukes oil, now the hottie ******* they bring, they are aiiiiight.

I go to about 15 different tracks all over the country every summer, I crew for NMRA car(s). I go to work and learn, not to deal with little pukes that have no track etiquette, I learned it when I was 16, now it seems, it is going away fast, it is still there when the ol timers are there on wed afternoons, so I pay 4 times what you do, but I can get in 25 runs if I want.
Back when I raced NED in the late 80's, on a wed or fri night, I could get 14 to 16 runs in easy, now you are lucky to get in 3. F that shizz, I dont need it.
[/RANT] Damn, I need to relax.........................

Modified by TheGinMill at 9:20 AM 2-17-2004

·
Registered
7,865 Posts

Quote, originally posted by TheGinMill »
now the hottie ******* they bring, they are aiiiiight.

Ahhh the yo-yo smugglers.
I'm all about renting the track out.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts