VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all.
got a set of eurospec headlights for my g60, and swapped them in for my stock lights. what a different, its unbelievable. now.. i wired them according to a thread i read on vortex, but they seemed to be mixed up. high was low, low was high. so i changed the wires around and now its constant high beam.. i must say, i can certainly see the road. but i get a minimum of a dozen "courtesy flashes" whenever i take her out at night.. and i'm sure its bad for the car's electrical setup to run it like that.
so my question is, can someone please tell me the proper wiring arrangement for the eurolight wiring harnesses? theres 4 wires, black brown red and yellow (if i remember correctly.. i may be wrong).. does anyone know which connects to which? i need to get these working right or the next cop that flashes me is gonna decide to pull me over

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
Re: new euro lights.. high beams wont go off.. wiring help! (9X)

there you go:
yellow=lo
white=high

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Re: new euro lights.. high beams wont go off.. wiring help! (9X)

If its wired right and you're using relays, check to see if your relays are fully plugged in or if they're sticking by tapping them with a screwdriver...that was what was wrong with mine when my high beams stuck.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Re: new euro lights.. high beams wont go off.. wiring help! (VR6 Rage)

sometime cheapie relays get stuck...it was happening w/ mine until I bought higher quality relays

1 - 4 of 4 Posts