VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a new fog light kit from concept1 which is a reputable dealer for parts (sort of like ECS), kit was installed today however the euro switch doesn't actually fully turn my interior lights and license plate lights off when I turn it to the off position. If I take the switch out and but my old switch back in, the one without the fog light setting on it they turn off.

Is this sort of kit one that would require coding in? Or does this sound like a bad switch?

The only thing I connected to the headlight harness was the fog light cable into hole number 8 (Have the older style headlight switch)

EDIT: Would also like to point out when I have the euro switch hanging out a little they turn off fine, but whenever I push it in till it click they stay on, thoroughly confused

·
Registered
2013 vw mk6 jetta gli-Autobahn
689 Posts
no coding is required. To me, it sounds like a bad switch or you do not have the harness fully plugged in, because if all works normal with the switch out a little, but not all the way in, then the plug might be moving when you insert the switch all the way in. Good luck...

biz

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.