VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 292 Posts

· Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sept 21, 2008
Pittsburgh Raceway Park in New Alexandria, PA
Pittsburgh Classic All VW Show, Swap and Drag Racing
Presented by K & L Motorsports (we put on the SEVWA.COM events)
This event has changed names and Promoters. The Miles Family has stepped down and we will be putting the next event on at this track.
We would like your input on the watercooled classes.
This just came about last week, so we are still in the process of getting information on our website and making flyers up.
If you have any information on shops, businesses, etc that we can send flyers to, please let me know.
Thanks and we hope to see you at the show.
We are looking for a club to help with the Watercooled section.
http://www.sevwa.com/pittsburghclassic.htm

· Registered
12,901 Posts
Re: New event Pittsburgh Classic at Pittsburgh Raceway Sept 21 (SEVWA1)

you need to throw some more info out.. when you say $15 is that to show or just spectator.. how much to race.. what time does the show start.. cut off time to register.. how much for vendor spots... 1/8 or 1/4 mile racing.. most people will want 1/4 mile..

· Registered
3,498 Posts
Re: New event Pittsburgh Classic at Pittsburgh Raceway Sept 21 (eurovw95)

Quote, originally posted by eurovw95 »
you need to throw some more info out.. when you say $15 is that to show or just spectator.. how much to race.. what time does the show start.. cut off time to register.. how much for vendor spots... 1/8 or 1/4 mile racing.. most people will want 1/4 mile..

this is true...
your going to need some serious advertising and marketing thanks to superjam being a flop. Use the vortex to your advantage, its a huge connecting point for most people on this side of the country. dont limit yourselves to PA only and dont hope that a couple flyers will bring people in. Get more vendors interested in the show and inform them about it....
the timing is also a negative because it is the weekend before H2Oi which is the biggest show on the east coast and most people might not wont to bring out their cars in risk of something happening to them so close to h2oi.
you've got alot of work in less than 2 months to do it. Hope it works out....

Modified by 00_Bora at 11:27 AM 8-4-2008

Modified by 00_Bora at 11:29 AM 8-4-2008

· Registered
12,901 Posts
Re: New event Pittsburgh Classic at Pittsburgh Raceway Sept 21 (00_Bora)

have a tight sechedule.. keep things going on all day long and dont run ti tooo long.. have specific times that things are to go on and keep it organized../

and judging is always a huge issue.. it needs to be done by people who actually know about the style of car and what they are looking at../

Modified by eurovw95 at 8:33 AM 8-4-2008

· Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks guys! We just got this on Wednesday of last week, so I am in the mode now of getting the flyer ready, then the website. We will be doing our research of all the areas to have flyers at. Already have quite a few folks telling me of places to send to.
We aren't new to doing this as we run 7 Events in the SE, but with not much time to do it, we are going to do the best we can. Have many folks behind us that want this to happen, so I hope we can.
I will have the rest of the info loaded on the website today. Although the show class section will be the one I will have to work with. I have no idea about how many water was at the last event, so the classes may not be what you all are used to, but I will take any sugguestions.

· Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: New event Pittsburgh Classic at Pittsburgh Raceway Sept 21 (00_Bora)

00_Bora said:
the timing is also a negative because it is the weekend before H2Oi which is the biggest show on the east coast and most people might not wont to bring out their cars in risk of something happening to them so close to h2oi.
Oh wow, well I had to go with the date that was already picked. Didn't have a choice there!

· Banned
19,107 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SEVWA1 »

We would like your input on the watercooled classes.
This just came about last week, so we are still in the process of getting information on our website and making flyers up.
If you have any information on shops, businesses, etc that we can send flyers to, please let me know.
Thanks and we hope to see you at the show.
We are looking for a club to help with the Watercooled section.
http://www.sevwa.com/pittsburghclassic.htm

there were too many classes at the last one...i understand it was a big show back east but not many people travelled over.
i would say mk1-mk3 jsut have jetta/rabbit/golf classes all years mild and wild (mk1 rabbit mild/wild, mk1 jetta m/w, mk2 jetta m/w, golf m/w etc)...mk4 is gonna be hardest...mk5 i'd say gti m/w, rabbit/jetta/gli m/w.

· Registered
12,901 Posts

well the classes for suerjam were fine.. if there would have been more cars.. i think you should take a little time.. post up and see what the interest is and go from there on how many will show... decide if it should go 1st and 2nd or to even add a 3rd place and just cut down on classes../

· Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: New event Pittsburgh Classic at Pittsburgh Raceway Sept 21 (new2vdubVR6)

Yeah that was what I was thinking!
I saw the list from the last one and was like oh my, that is HUGE!
In our SE shows, we don't have a watercooled turnout like the NE, so this will be a new thing for us. We just want to insure we do it right the first time and hope when you all come out you have a good time!

· Registered
12,901 Posts
Re: New event Pittsburgh Classic at Pittsburgh Raceway Sept 21 (new2vdubVR6)

Quote, originally posted by new2vdubVR6 »

there were too many classes at the last one...i understand it was a big show back east but not many people travelled over.
i would say mk1-mk3 jsut have jetta/rabbit/golf classes all years mild and wild (mk1 rabbit mild/wild, mk1 jetta m/w, mk2 jetta m/w, golf m/w etc)...mk4 is gonna be hardest...mk5 i'd say gti m/w, rabbit/jetta/gli m/w.

you would have to have stock class as well../

· Registered
46,293 Posts

there were way toooooo many classes at the spring show why not go with something like this for the water cooled classes. seems much simpler than the spring shows classes :

STOCK :
-MKI golf / cabriolet
-MKI jetta
-MKII golf
-MKII jetta
-MKIII golf / cabriolet
-MKIII jetta
-MKIV golf
-MKIV jetta
-MKV golf
-MKV jetta
-Corrado
-Scirroco
-337 / 20ae / .:R
-Passat (B4 and earlier)
-Passat (B5 and on)
-other watercooled
MODIFIED :
-MKI golf / cabriolet
-MKI jetta
-MKII golf
-MKII jetta
-MKIII golf / cabriolet
-MKIII jetta
-MKIV golf
-MKIV jetta
-MKV golf
-MKV jetta
-Corrado
-Scirroco
-337 / 20ae / .:R
-Passat (B4 and earlier)
-Passat (B5 and on)
-other watercooled

· Registered
46,293 Posts
Re: (SEVWA1)

Quote, originally posted by SEVWA1 »
<and judging is always a huge issue.. it needs to be done by people who actually know about the style of car and what they are looking at../ >
Understand that completely. I was hoping to have some watercooled folks help with that area, so that will not be an issue.

let the people do the judging, personally i think this is the most fair way to do it. whats a better way to do it than let the people who build the cars do the voting http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
46,293 Posts
Re: (eurovw95)

troof. how was judgin in the spring show? you only got to vote for in your class right? and they had real judges too? i dont remember, it was too hot

· Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

We have done peoples choice in the past and it didn't work well at all. Only a few turned the sheets in and we had to go out and do it! Besides just like eurovw95 said, you could have all your buddys vote for your car and that wouldn't be fair to the other really nice cars.
We will have judging, with 1st and 2nds, but we will have to have some watercooled nuts to do the judging, so they will know what they are looking for.

· Registered
12,901 Posts
Re: (steveo27)

you judged your own class... or well was suppose to.. but NL came around just to fubar things up even more.. but it sucked cause like my class was just my buddy and i so there wasnt much to judge.. but even that way.. if you have a few people that like you over someone else who may have an amazing car.. that person gets screwed..
thats y there is always so much b**ching over judging at shows..//
and therefore i think there needs to be designated judges for each class that know what they are doing../

with the judging your own class.. people are worried about meeting people and cleaning their car.. they dont take the time to look over everyone elses cars..

Modified by eurovw95 at 8:55 AM 8-4-2008

· Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I second that!
I know that we aren't going to please everybody when the winners come out, but that is way it goes at every show. If we have some qualified judges that KNOW what they are looking at then it will be better. I always like for the judges to put down on the sheet things they need to improve on, so if the owner wants their sheets they can see.
We just want everyone to come out and have a good time, that is what it is all about!

1 - 20 of 292 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.