VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Feels Like the First Time
6,870 Posts
Re: New GB rules meaning no more GB?? (Deception)

Easy guys, Deception is right. How does Vortex expect to pay for server space and so on. These guys (mods) are doing this outta their own time, making this resource available.
Secondly, apparently everyone forgot about the mess with a company whose name shall not be named here. (hint: COI on 1.8t's...) Vortex Mods I'm sure caught hell when that stuff went south.
Vortex is trying to protect themselves and us. Ok, so they removing some competition. But who do you think are paying the bills for the servers?
Lighten up guys. There are other VW forums out there. I hope this makes sense, cuz my contacts are killing me!

·
6,870 Posts
Re: New GB rules meaning no more GB?? (Sechscylinder)

Easy guys... This is turning into a flame war.
(i figured it would. I'm tired. Me go sleep now. Me think clearer tomorrow.)

·
6,870 Posts
Re: New GB rules meaning no more GB?? (soundzero)

I'm gonna reply to this and leave it for alone for the nite.
Anthrax- I am in no way disagreeing with you. But as with everything, there are two sides to the story. Of COURSE Vortex wants to make $$ on this one. Come on, it doesn't take a degree in rocket science to figure that out.
I have bought stuff thru group buys, and its been rewarding. I'm not knocking it. I think that the advertisers only may be a little extreme. But that is left at the discretion of the Vortex staff, of which I am not.
Besides, HEALTHY competition keeps the marketplace running. Cutting margin to UNHEALTHY levels will NOT increase biz, gang. These tuning shops are in the game to make money. Thats simple economic theory.
Relax, guys, its not the end of the world. And on that note, FINALLY my other machine is done loading XP and all its peripherals and I am hitting the hay!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.