VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Re: New GB rules meaning no more GB?? (02TurboGTI)

vwvortex f*kin sucks for doin this b*llsh!t... expect to see like 3 GBs a year. this is so lame... just because a few people get screwed we all have to suffer.
f*kin outrageous im pissed off as you can see

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Re: New GB rules meaning no more GB?? (Anthrax)

yes, good point anthrax
i am flippin out here
i hope this is bloody temporary or im gonna go on a rampage!!!
ARRRRR
better lock this before i get even more angry!!!!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Re: New GB rules meaning no more GB?? (KJ-VR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]Personally I think the banning of GB's from shops that don't have a banner is total BS! 90% of the places that have a banner are the same exact places that don't exactly have "decent pricing", are against GB's, and some I know for a fact have even ruined GB's by running and crying to the companies about the prices!
Its a shame Vortex is falling into the $$ trap! So much for the "Enthusiast" aspect of the site! Its like a corrections camp around here anymore! More and more rules or finger pointing by the day! What's next, having to pay per post? You guys have no idea of the picture you just painted for ALOT of people!
People come here for a number a reasons! And you are ruining more and more of them!

http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
[HR][/HR]​
yes, this is exactly what im talking about
i go to the vortex to have fun, learn, and get cheaper prices on stuff among other things.
b/c of this rule, im gonna lose 2 of those! (no more fun cuz i'll always be depressed about not saving money)
start: 11:00pm
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

end: right now

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Re: New GB rules meaning no more GB?? (Deception)

quote:[HR][/HR]The reason why I think the rules are in place is to keep retailers from profitting off free "advertising" on the Vortex. If you're not a paying advertiser, you don't deserve to make profit by using VWVortex's forum for your commercial purposes.[HR][/HR]​
FREE ADVERTISING? who cares?
we're benefitting from the discount they give us, the least we can do is repay them with a bit of advertising. it also might encourage them to do more GBs in the future.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Re: New GB rules meaning no more GB?? (SAPJetta)

quote:[HR][/HR]Usually, it isn't the companies "advertising" about a given GB. It is members starting a GB through the company and talking about it on a forum. The company doesn't really get any more advertising than me saying "X company rocks cause they hooked me up" by being in a GB conducted by a forum member.
I have heard enough horror stories about some of the advertisers with Vortex that I wouldn't ever buy anything through them. A more simple solution to this would just be to set up a GB forum and tell people that all GB info should go in there. It isn't that tough to add a new section of a forum in.[HR][/HR]​
hellz ya
group buy forum with the same stipulations for thread titles...
like, why does it have to say Jetta/Golf 4 in the thread title when its in the Jetta/Golf 4 classifieds forum... i mean, geez, duh... just have on gb forum.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Re: New GB rules meaning no more GB?? (DeeJoker)

quote:[HR][/HR]Easy guys, Deception is right. How does Vortex expect to pay for server space and so on. These guys (mods) are doing this outta their own time, making this resource available.
Secondly, apparently everyone forgot about the mess with a company whose name shall not be named here. (hint: COI on 1.8t's...) Vortex Mods I'm sure caught hell when that stuff went south.
Vortex is trying to protect themselves and us. Ok, so they removing some competition. But who do you think are paying the bills for the servers?
Lighten up guys. There are other VW forums out there. I hope this makes sense, cuz my contacts are killing me![HR][/HR]​
BOO!
you're cut!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Re: New GB rules meaning no more GB?? (Sechscylinder)

how can vortex afford so many project cars
if they pay for the cars and mods, maybe they should just not do it so much... that'll leave enough for us to save some money too...
instead of punishing us

i want the old vortex back

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Re: New GB rules meaning no more GB?? (apr_tuned_jetta)

quote:[HR][/HR]I have been on this forum for only about a month and a half. But i have been reading the posts for over a year before I signed up. I noticed in that year or so that many of these group really don't save that much $$$, maybe it is just me. It seems to be high risk to up your trust and money into someone elses hands and hope you will get your parts, I think the Vortex is just looking out for their members.

One more thing and maybe someone agrees or can clear this up...but what is the deal with people. Someone will say they want a part but thing will wait months for a GB to start before they make a move on that product. And for what to save 10%
I think that is amazing, am I the only one who sees this[HR][/HR]​
if you had read that many posts before becoming a member, and know about group buys, you would know that 10% is a very very rare group buy price drop. i have saved over 1000 dollars from group buy on vortex, and ive been on here for like... i dunno summer or something.
also, if people wait months and months for a group buy, SO BE IT. it allows people to think more about their purchase before they make it, and there's a little thing called free will... whats the big deal about someone waiting? is that a reason why there should be no group buys (which, in effect, this is doing)? vortex makes alot of money off banners and other ads, way more than the cost of running the site.
you're cut.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Re: New GB rules meaning no more GB?? (apr_tuned_jetta)

quote:[HR][/HR]You guys just relax, it is not the end of the world. They are not shuting them off completely. Instead of going through some place that will get a 200 part for 125, you will still get that part from one of the usable sponsors for 140, maybe??
The guys at 1552design gave me little hint about this a couple months ago but never said the exact details as to why, but none the less...have few
and call it a night, I have this little feeling no matter what anyone says they are not going to change this[HR][/HR]​
uhh...
vortex is essentially a very large user base with some server originating information (hint: features) attached to it, nay, dangling from a little string. if the vortex pisses off everybody in their "collective" then it doesnt bode well for the site as a whole. this lack of group buys (again, essentially what this is, the slaying and chopping up into little bits of discounts themselves) is a thorn in the side of all of us and only very few benefit, which is totally contradictory to what vortex stands for IMO (the bring together of thousands of vwag enthusiasts around the world for a free exchange of happiness, i.e. money saving, information, and hooliganism). vortex wont just stand idly by while their stupid (again, IMO) mistake rips themselves apart.. if we get pissed off and rowdy enough, they wil change it back w/ buyer beware everywhere... i mean they cant ban all of us, can they?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.