VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last year or so I as well as others on the Vortex have questioned if the new Soundstream amps are as good as those made a few years ago. As many of you know, Soundstream was purchased by Epsilon Electronics in 2001, which is known for making some lowfi equipment. In the newest Mobile Entertainment there is a pretty good write-up on the Rubicon 300.2 amp and they basically said its in keeping with the older stuff. May want to check it out

·
Registered
375 Posts
Re: New Generation Soundstream Amplifiers as Good as Old? (cchristensen)

Reference serious are always the best serious that Soundstream ever made!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: New Generation Soundstream Amplifiers as Good as Old? (G_4_GTI)

I am partial to the pre-Rubicon amps as well...I love my Continuum
. But I was really concerned that they went to pot with the new ownership and it looks like they may still make good stuff.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: New Generation Soundstream Amplifiers as Good as Old? (AEMikeG)

quote:[HR][/HR]power acoustic can buid amps at least as well as Nelson Pass.
[HR][/HR]​
I'm sorry, but I don't exactly follow. Power Accoustic may build an OK (at best) amp, but they could never be compared to Soundstream of 1996 and earlier. Actually, IMO there is no, nor ever was an amp that can be compared (sound quality) to the old Series II Class A amps, and I still haven't found a current amp that I like better than my Continuum.

[Modified by cchristensen, 9:02 AM 3-22-2003]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.