VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of my 79' that I just picked up! I'm super stoked about it and I can't wait to drive it. It doesn't run but I am nailing a few things down. I am going to take a long time with this as a project but I will update whenever I do something.
I also picked up the coolest repair manual that I have ever seen. I will take pics of that soon..

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
Re: (cookvwgli)

Mike your stupid and gay, sell one of your cars cause you cant handle more than two dubs. Sell the caddy, to me, for 1500.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (eurotrashgti)

Quote, originally posted by eurotrashgti »
I almost pissed my pance until I saw that rusted license plate frame. Whats your CB handle?

CB handle??
Quote, originally posted by MK2_GTI »
Did you sell your vr?

no my girlfriend is gonna start driving it while I do a rabbit for her. itll be a quick paint n motorswap. nothing major.. still got my eyes on your rabbit scott...
it does feel a little much with three cars but really i'll only have two to drive around and three to worry about. it does need body work though but it will be decked with old skool bumpers. im so stoked about it

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Re: (mkymk2)

Looks great. You were telling me about this at the old school GTG - Nice meeting you http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Re: (DiRTAE)

I may have one of these bad boys lined up... They look awesome slammed on 13" ATS classics with the euro bumpers (which are hard as fugg to find) and the 68 camero duckbill..... Any other body mods and its way more that is needed IMHO.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: new girlfriend.. (CLOG)

Quote, originally posted by CLOG »
Is this the one that was for sale off Ft Union and like 4th East?

yup! got it for a 100 bucks and it has 60,000 original miles on it. the odometer did work when i towed it so i know the mileage is good. super stoked about that.
Quote, originally posted by DiRTAE »
Looks great. You were telling me about this at the old school GTG - Nice meeting you http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

it was good to meet you too. always good to meet people with similar taste

·
Registered
601 Posts
Re: new girlfriend.. (mkymk2)

Dang!!! come get those cars boys ... the weeds are growing taller than the cars .... sweet find mike .... i miss mine

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: new girlfriend.. (franky raddo)

Quote, originally posted by franky raddo »
Dang!!! come get those cars boys ... the weeds are growing taller than the cars .... sweet find mike .... i miss mine

thanks scott! but hey i still want that gti if you havent sold it in a month or so. either i will buy it or my buddy scott will buy it. i dont know if you remember him he had the ginister yellow like 5 years back? but he is interested in the gti rabbit as well so... you should get yours back up and going. that shell is so clean

1 - 15 of 15 Posts