VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,
I just found out today and thought I would share the update... As you read in the title my new gli is 2 weeks out and is in the process of being sent over.
Edit: for those of you who want to know why I am getting a new GLI, click here http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2430270
After weighing my options, I decided that it wouldnt be worth waiting 3 months for them to build a new one and then ship if over here, so instead of that, I just had VW find the closest match possible. Unfortunately they couldnt find a salsa red, so I am going for my second favorite color, Deep Black. I decided to stick with the package 1 because VW offered to pay for 2 payments if I stuck with the same package, so financially, it made sense to take that deal. Now I get a new car, and 2 free payments for all my trouble, plus numerous gift cards and free hotel stays http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

this is what it'll look like for those who dont know... sorry for stealing the pick VWYankee

Specs: Deep Black
Package 1
6 speed manual transmission
17" stock GLI wheels
I really wanted to try and get the 18's
Future Plans: a little list of what I plan to do and what I already have for it.
Already have: euro switch
Ice-Link iPod adapter with mount for dash
Clear Side-markers
These few things were already on my salsa red
Want list: Euro GTI Front Lip Spoiler
APR chip
S6 Reps
Euro tail lights
35%tint
Springs- hopefully some euro ones if it gets figured out
3 piece OEM lip spoiler
PC7424
I dont plan using any laminex(sorry for spelling) to tint anything on the car because I want to have some light colors to break up all the black.
Tell me what you guys think of the plans http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

-Chris

Modified by cgvalant at 8:39 PM 4-22-2006

·
Registered
119 Posts
Re: New GLI is just 2 weeks out!!!! (cgvalant)

Congrats on the great deal. I too am awaiting my new GLI. Just wait another week or so. You will be awake all night thinking about your sweet new speedy german goodness.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Glad to hear, Chris!

I think you should add a PC7424 near the top of the "mod list."

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (BRM10984)

Quote, originally posted by BRM10984 »
Glad to hear, Chris!

I think you should add a PC7424 near the top of the "mod list."

Sorry if this is a dumb question, But what is a PC7424?

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (cgvalant)

Porter Cable 7424. It's a random-orbit polisher that will be a godsend with a black car.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Porter Cable 7424. It's a random-orbit polisher that will be a godsend with a black car.

Sweet, just added it and also the 3 piece OEM lip spoiler

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Zz_Radish_zZ)

Quote, originally posted by Zz_Radish_zZ »
I'm glad to hear things worked out. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Thanks, we definitely have to get a group together for a little photoshoot going when I meet up with VWYankee for his vag-com

·
Registered
24 Posts

Its funny that many of the reviews for the GLI stated the styling as a weak point, but I think the new MKV Jetta is one of best looking cars on the road. Congrats!

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Re: (Reveck)

Quote, originally posted by Reveck »
Its funny that many of the reviews for the GLI stated the styling as a weak point, but I think the new MKV Jetta is one of best looking cars on the road. Congrats!

I've had many compliments on the new style. Must not look like a Corolla after all huh?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Mike Gordon)

Quote, originally posted by Mike Gordon »

I've had many compliments on the new style. Must not look like a Corolla after all huh?

Agreed, in the past 3 days with my salsa red gli, i have had 5 compliments, 1 person come up to me when i was parking to talk to me, and 1 mk4 gti give me the vdub symbol... I get more and more poeple every day telling me that they are dying to get this car.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts

Quote, originally posted by cgvalant »
Agreed, in the past 3 days with my salsa red gli, i have had 5 compliments, 1 person come up to me when i was parking to talk to me, and 1 mk4 gti give me the vdub symbol... I get more and more poeple every day telling me that they are dying to get this car.

Someone rescue me from this F150 cesspool, please.

This morning, I saw an F250 try to park beside an F150 and in front of an F150 with a "brush guard" in a parking lot where the spaces are designed for Corollas.
Can't someone help me?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Re: (dieselgirl)

Quote, originally posted by dieselgirl »

I keep telling you to move here. We frequently have 4 yes 4 Mk5 Jettas in the parking lot where I work. Mine, a spice red TDI (my best friend's), a reflex silver VE, and a black 2.5. My Jetta is never lonely

Neither is mine, It currently has 86 of its brothers and sisters waiting for new homes, not including its cousins, touareg, beetle, GTI , and passat....

Enjoy your GLI, I have almost traded out of my 06 2.5 into a GLI twice now, good thing I have a great girl who brings me back down to earth.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I keep telling you to move here. We frequently have 4 yes 4 Mk5 Jettas in the parking lot where I work. Mine, a spice red TDI (my best friend's), a reflex silver VE, and a black 2.5. My Jetta is never lonely

I have only seen 1 or 2 mkv's around campus, i usually park next to an mkiv gli when i have to go to my girlfriend's, never parked beside an mkv though.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Ok, so now I'm pissed....
Yes my black gli is still on the way, package one, 17's, and so on... It should be here around next wednesday. The reason I'm getting the black is because they couldnt find a package 1 salsa....
Well, I happened to drive my Leith VW tonight, and what did I discover?? There is a Salsa Red GLI sitting on the lot, I saw it a few days back and didnt think anything of it because VW aparently looked all over for a salsa red package 1... So I looked inside the car and there it was, those beautiful plaid seats. It turns out that there is Salsa Red GLI, package #1... My exact car, well almost... This one actually has the 18" hufs, but VW is paying for 2 of my car payments for my trouble, and I would gladly pay for one of those if I could get that GLI.
So what do you guys think, go with another Salsa REd, this time with hufs and have VW pay for only one payment, or go for the black gli with 17's and have vw pay for 2 payments and then go out and buy some rs4 reps????

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Red may well be your unlucky color. Go for the black.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts

I wish. Unfortunately, that won't happen for a while.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Red may well be your unlucky color. Go for the black.

Why do you say that, because the first red was a lemon?? This could very well be true, although every other car I have had has been red. And i'm on my 5th one in 3 years when i get the new gli.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts

Quote, originally posted by cgvalant »
Why do you say that, because the first red was a lemon?? This could very well be true, although every other car I have had has been red. And i'm on my 5th one in 3 years when i get the new gli.

Well, that and the fact that you were keyed.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.