VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

New Golf R Renderings

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  S3n 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It looks like a similar theme to the MK8 GTI with the full width lower grille. I'm not sure how I like it, the grill has been split in 3 since I can remember so maybe I just have to get used to the new one. I have a '19 R so I'm almost hoping it doesn't grow on me come after my fincances.

#3 ·
Nice, a Golf R is perfect for the Midwest winters. If I lived in the Midwest, I would have bought a ‘19 Golf R instead of buying a ‘19 GTI SE and waiting for the Golf 8 R.

I wonder how may people in the younger generations are familiar with the P40 fighter planes, the Flying Tigers or the mouthes the pilots painted on the sides in front by the propeller. If you are familiar with this then an open, larger mouth on the Golf 8 looks more aggressive.

The new renderings of the Golf 8 R makes me think of a Warthog or Wild Boar and they are deadly aggressive and run really fast when they attack unlucky hunters. Last time I lived in Germany I knew someone who’s father spear hunted wild boar in the Czech Republic and his father’s friend was killed by a wild boar on one of their hunts.

I googled wild boar and came across this article about another unlucky hunter in Germany. The wild boar was victorious.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...wild-boar-he-was-trying-to-shoot-attacked-him

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.