VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
I'm new here, and have a few questions.
My wife and I are considering getting a Platinum Gray Metallic Tubo S.
I was wondering how much power can be made with the 1.8T? I know there are a lot of things available for it, and I'm curious as to how much power gain I can expect if I had, say, $1000 to drop for mods. (Probably intake, exhaust, downpipe, ECU chip.)
Also, the big question I have is: DO these things come with a Limited Slip Diff? I can't seem to find anything on this.
I've visited the board a few times, and seached for my answers, but to no avail.
As far as I understand, stock 1/4 times are high 14's. How much $$ will it take to get into the 13's??
Thanx!!
Bryan

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Re: New Guy Question (2k3v)

Quote, originally posted by 2k3v »
Hey all!
I'm new here, and have a few questions.
My wife and I are considering getting a Platinum Gray Metallic Tubo S.
I was wondering how much power can be made with the 1.8T? I know there are a lot of things available for it, and I'm curious as to how much power gain I can expect if I had, say, $1000 to drop for mods. (Probably intake, exhaust, downpipe, ECU chip.)
Also, the big question I have is: DO these things come with a Limited Slip Diff? I can't seem to find anything on this.
I've visited the board a few times, and seached for my answers, but to no avail.
As far as I understand, stock 1/4 times are high 14's. How much $$ will it take to get into the 13's??
Thanx!!
Bryan

with the normal mods on a AWP engine code (180hp version 1.8t) expect around 200whp.
There is no LSD stock, and Quaife is the only company who makes one currently for the 02M 6 speed that comes in the turbo S. Quaife and Peloquin make ones for the 02J 5 speed.
With the normal mods you have listed (chip, turbo back exhaust, etc) a high 13 is certainly attainable.
Check out the 1.8t technical forum for more info http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=27
There are people there making upwards of 400whp on stock internals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts