VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 11030 Posts

·
Registered
12,385 Posts
ok new guys, rather than posting a TON of different threads, please post your questions in here so we can all try to help you out.
be sure to list the following:
year of car, motor type, any modifications you know of.
issue at hand
your ability to work on cars (be honest on this one)
ok, ask away...........
pic for clicks.............

·
Registered
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I see a lot of New Guys in here, so lets start an "ask the experts thread".... (xnology)

well, my first one is about corrado stance............

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Re: I see a lot of New Guys in here, so lets start an "ask the experts thread".... (Noobercorn)

Knew it!
Seriously, I like your idea here. Start a sticky with different areas listed ie. suspension, turbos, paint etc..
If you feel like you're somewhat of an expert, add your name to the list under the areas you feel you are knowledgeable in. Somebody needs help on that part and bam you have IM or whatever.
I like it. Needless searches and reposts (of which, I too am guilty) should be held to a minimum.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
if i purchase a mk5 rabbit/gti then purchase some bbs rs/airbags from the vortex classifieds am i automatically a 'vdubber?
i am looking to become a vdubber as soon as possible, please give me advice

·
Premium Member
8,087 Posts
Re: (pele)

Quote, originally posted by pele »
if i purchase a mk5 rabbit/gti am i automatically a 'vdubber?

That hurts Rich.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Re: (pele)

Quote, originally posted by pele »
if i purchase a mk5 rabbit/gti then purchase some bbs rs/airbags from the vortex classifieds am i automatically a 'vdubber?

If they are RS's then yes

·
Registered
221 Posts
Re: I see a lot of New Guys in here, so lets start an "ask the experts thread".... (Noobercorn)

i like this thread. it should be a sticky.

also - fixed.
Quote, originally posted by Noobercorn »
ok new guys and super awesome, hot, amazing chicks with corrados, rather than posting a TON of different threads, please post your questions in here so we can all try to help you out.

·
Registered
125 Posts

thx, i feel like a new born asking n00b questions. lol.
been 7 yrs since i last had my g60 and the vr6 i just got feels like an entirely different beast.
'94 slc
only mod GIAC chip
problem/concern: a/c and high temps
my main concern is... if my car is running too hot, i've done some searching and vr's run in the 220's, i tried to run the ac and the temps were climbing some and i got paranoid and turned it off. what are some normal temps with the ac running? another poster pointed out that the manual states that it should be fine until it hits 300 deg, which seems crazy high.. temps with out ac are coolant around 200-210/oil 230-240/ambient temp 95
thanks again

·
Registered
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: I see a lot of New Guys in here, so lets start an "ask the experts thread".... (xavierz007)

not abnormal at all. basically, all corrado's run hot. (water and oil temps)
my suggestion: flush system, new thermostat, water wetter, and an external oil cooler.
also, try a new oil temp sensor. it is possible it is defective. i had one once that was really hot, and i put a new oil temp sensor and the car showed perfect temps (with boost, in the summer too)
also, i have dropped as much as 20 degrees on oil temp by simply changing the viscosity of oil in the car. since then, i have run mobile 1 synthetic 10w30 in everything i own.

·
Registered
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: FV-QR (Dreizehn)

well, we have the opportunity to answer alot of questions without starting eleventeen bagilllion threads.
it is like the FAQ's, but dynamic, as opposed to static.

·
Registered
125 Posts

awesome, thanks for the help. i figured i'd do all of that and do the billet crack pipe everyone seems so fond of.

·
Registered
09 CC 3.6 4mo, 98 DE Leftover car, 90 Corrado, 78 Triumph Spitfire
13,019 Posts
FV-QR

Hopefully this thread stays up top... If I see another thread asking to see 16 and 17 inch wheels on a corrado im gonna snap
Hell ive been hidding out in the mk1 forum due to this.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Noobercorn »
not abnormal at all. basically, all corrado's run hot. (water and oil temps)
my suggestion: flush system, new thermostat, water wetter, and an external oil cooler.
also, try a new oil temp sensor. it is possible it is defective. i had one once that was really hot, and i put a new oil temp sensor and the car showed perfect temps (with boost, in the summer too)
also, i have dropped as much as 20 degrees on oil temp by simply changing the viscosity of oil in the car. since then, i have run mobile 1 synthetic 10w30 in everything i own.

as i know people have stated 300 is normal but i had one hit 320 with the AC on a +100deg day and the next day melted 2 pistons... (but it wasn't the only sole contributing factor, it just didnt help)
not to make you paranoid but an external oil cooler placed in front of the radiator and behind either grille of choice (upper or lower) wouldnt kill you either...

1 - 20 of 11030 Posts