VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Re: New haldex upgrade? (redwe-in-wi)

I would like to know a bit more about this too. as far as I nknow there are only the two haldex upgrades(blue/orange), right?

·
Forum Elder
5,627 Posts
Re: New haldex upgrade? (redwe-in-wi)

It is for cars that do not have the full OEM motronic ecu/abs system etc. I.E. cars running stand alone engine management, swap cars, etc. We have one going into a TT Quattro here shortly, should be rather fun.
R

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
Re: New haldex upgrade? (yellowslc)

Quote, originally posted by yellowslc »
It is for cars that do not have the full OEM motronic ecu/abs system etc. I.E. cars running stand alone engine management, swap cars, etc. We have one going into a TT Quattro here shortly, should be rather fun.
R

So it's not for our cars then...

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
Re: (yellowslc)

This is not for a stock R32.

Im assuming this is intended for full race setups?

·
Forum Elder
5,627 Posts
Re: (Mike Solo)

Quote, originally posted by Mike Solo »

Im assuming this is intended for full race setups?

Designed for cars that now have haldex which didn't from the factory. We are about to test a high hp TTQ running Autronic though that shouldn't be an issue b/c the motronic system is removed.
I'm not saying there isn't a way to integrate this system into an R still using motronic, though the group working on this haven't even considered that.
Question 1. Would your car freak out if the haldex fell off the CAN bus? If not, this may just work.
If anyone wants to chat more in depth, shoot me a PM.
R

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
as replied in my PM, i dont think so. Many R32 dyno in two wheel drive mode by disconnecting the plug to the haldex control box. Though this is done with the electronics off, i dont know what would happen if it were disconnected on the fly or with the ignition in the "ON" mode.
Perhaps HPA or EIP could chime in on this.

·
Registered
15,766 Posts

Question 1. Would your car freak out if the haldex fell off the CAN bus? If not, this may just work.

Very good question, and I'll have to defer that to someone who knows more about the system than I do. I have no idea what would happen if CAN-bus couldn't talk to Haldex.

·
Forum Elder
5,627 Posts
Re: (Mike Solo)

Easy test.. go unplug the haldex controller and see if the car goes into fault mode. You will get the ESP light and most likely a CEL.
You guys just want something else to tinker with don't you?

·
Registered
15,766 Posts

Easy test.. go unplug the haldex controller and see if the car goes into fault mode. You will get the ESP light and most likely a CEL.
You guys just want something else to tinker with don't you?

Of *course* we want something to tinker with!
I love projects on this car (like getting my navi & euro cluster to talk together, and then adding oil temp & other info to the cluster FIS...).
I don't even need to pull the controller to know what happens on the cluster, you definitely get an ABS light, and I think the ESP/EPC light comes on as well. It's right in the FAQ too, under the dyno section.

Modified by Mike Solo at 3:41 PM 7-6-2006

·
Forum Elder
5,627 Posts
Re: (Memphis R32)

I was informed lastnight that the torque release has been programmed in. You can actually adjust the rate of torque transfer AND release of torque split via the dash mounted buttons. The unit will store your previous setting when the car is turned off.
I'm going to ask an R friend if we can try my system in his car.

·
Registered
15,766 Posts

I'm going to ask an R friend if we can try my system in his car.

I'd volunteer, but considering I'm in NJ and you're in Texas...

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Oh wow i didnt relize you were in Houston, I was stuck at the airport there for a few hours. I should have stopped by and said hi

Please let us know the outcome of the controler in the R32

1 - 20 of 22 Posts