VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make a long story short, I spent few weeks going around junk yards etc getting parts together for my car that's been into accident. Now I have 50% of parts and today went to a couple of local body shops. And all of them said they do not want to take my car because I have some parts of my own, that that is how they make money, by reselling parts to me (fenders, hoods, radiators, headlights etc)... but how was I supposed to know? I had no idea what kinda mistake I was making... It was a news to me. So I went to one, second, third shoppe and all refused to take my car, I was thinking what a hell, I am paying money! I have money to spend and they simple say "no, bye". Very pissed off
I told one sales rep that I will pay extra $$$ to cover their quote-end-quote damage for not reselling me some parts that I already bought, but they did not wanna talk to me at all. @#$#$%#%

Does anyone know any good places to get the damn thing done who is more open minded as opposed to robots like these? Around Nashua-Merrimac-Manchester-Hooksett? Realy need to have the car done, don't know where. Also need to have it done decently. And it's not like I have bought all parts, I still need body shop to purchase radiator for me, and possibly fenders.
But still I couldn't believe how they were treating me, a customer who was begging to spend money, they essentially just said screw off wishing me "good luck" in getting it done.

If anyone knows any decent body shops, please let me know. I am still looking for a guy named either Henry or Gary who is now opened his own costom body work shop somewhere in Manchester, anyone knows him? He's supposed to be famous locally.
Thanks for help!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Re: New Hampshire guys, please help me! (f1vlad)

most shops dont like to do any work if you are supplying the parts....took a while for a friend to just get a suspension installed

i'd try the regional classifieds if i were you
-chris

·
Banned
9,489 Posts

Call my buddy Johnathan. He does awesome work and is 100% legit in a bodyshop with a booth. 603-424-3368, tell him you got his name from me (Dougie), and he'll help you out
He's in Merrimack, not far from you. Oh, yeah, stay away from Henry... and I also have a bunch of body stuff, so let me know what else you need and I'll se if I have it

Modified by reflexbug at 3:56 PM 9-27-2004

·
Registered
33 Posts

Did you try DTM Autowerks in Milford (right down the street from me)? I don't know the guys there personally but every time I've talked to them on the phone they've been super cool & helpful. Best of luck.
-T

·
Banned
9,489 Posts

Quote, originally posted by f1vlad »
By the way why stay away from Henry? I met him once and have lots of people saying nothing but good stuff about him.

Look close at his work, that's why... Most people don't know what good paint work is. I'm good friends with Ian, the owner of DTM, and they don't have a paint facility. They use a guy in town who does great work also. Anyone who saw paintwork being done there, saw my car
Call Johnathan... he's usually there late 603-424-3368

Modified by reflexbug at 4:49 PM 9-27-2004

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Re: New Hampshire guys, please help me! (Ginstery)

Quote, originally posted by Ginstery »
extreme lines . im justin his name is dubdocvr6 . he did my whole entire car. he is awesome

jake is right justin does some top notch work fer sure http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thanks man, where've you been earlier?
I haven't sign for anything yet, but I found some nice places to do it already.
Thank you all for help!
And those big fat body shops who thinks they big **** can go they know where!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Thanks man, where've you been earlier?
I haven't sign for anything yet, but I found some nice places to do it already.
Thank you all for help!
And those big fat body shops who thinks they big **** can go they know where!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.