VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so with the accident my car was in the stock exhaust system was trashed. I took this opportunity to upgrade to a Milltek Muffler and Section 2 and euro cats and Supersprint Headers. Main benefit of the supersprints and euro cats? For cold start emissions US cars get shafted with the cat in header design leaving a lot of restriction in the exhaust and a lot of HP on the table.
By relocating the cats to the section 1 with the euro cats and upgrading to a supersprint header I am supposed to net close to 25 HP. Heck they are claiming the header alone over the euro version nets 19. We will see, but there have been favorable reports.
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum...86709
http://www.europeancarweb.com/....html

anyways on to the pictures
stock NA headers (top image)

my new supersprint headers

and mated to the cats

fingers crossed

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: FV-QR (UKGTI)

ok, here are some better examples
CSL vs NA

http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=151391
This particular poster is on a mission to make a CSL NA car and goes into detail the gains made in the exhaust. There were lengthy discussions on M3forum.net over whether there was any more gains to be had over the CSL header by going with the Supersprint until Supersprint posted up some dyno results that quieted all the critics.
Problem is that up until recently a Supersprint header cost close to $3k!!!

Modified by UKGTI at 10:08 PM 2-8-2010

Modified by UKGTI at 10:19 PM 2-8-2010

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by JustinCSVT »

I'm just wondering what he was talking about. Never heard of full 3" headers before.

Im sure he means the downpipe is 3". The primaries are probably 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 if they're wild. (using my LSX knowledge)

·
Registered
21,776 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Internal Combustion)

Quote, originally posted by Internal Combustion »

Im sure he means the downpipe is 3". The primaries are probably 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 if they're wild. (using my LSX knowledge)

If they use 1 7/8 I'll eat my hat.

The downpipe is probably 2.5".

·
Registered
139 Posts
Re: new headers and cats for M3, supposed 25 HP gain (UKGTI)

The Supersprint stepped headers are the latest ones they have, and those look sexy. I'd love to go for those, but I figured, I'd rather do maintenance first in my case (planning on a valve adjustment, new shocks, new rear-shock mounts, diff and gearbox oil change, coolant flush, and new air filter in a few months - car is at 72500).

·
Registered
11,818 Posts
Re: new headers and cats for M3, supposed 25 HP gain (UKGTI)

Quote, originally posted by UKGTI »

ha cheers, pictures of my roof hucking days in the background too.

I saw those, too. No wonder why you need a Park stand. hahaha
And, still love the BMW. Glad to see you got her back and happy with the work!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.