VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats going on everyone, im john, im 23 and currently a student at WyoTech automotive school in pennslyvania. i own a 2008 jetta 2.0T Wolfsburg edition. im seriously looking for a cold air intake system as well as an exhaust. With regards to the exhaust, because the car has a stock turbo that i will change out sometime in the future, i want a good relieable stainless steel exhaust system from the downpipe back. Theres so many products out there to choose from and every magazine and car junkie tell you that this product is far surperior to this one and so on. im looking for anyone that has valuable input into the brand names, companies, and or models i should be focusing on. any input or help pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated. feel free to send me a message or just repsond back here...

thanks everyone

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome! AWE, APR, Neuspeed, Evolution Motorsports, and Forge are a couple of good brands. Just do some research before you buy.

Also, you mentioned looking for a downpipe and to replace the turbo in the future. If you do, you might think about upgrading the catalytic converter to maximize your performance. So look for brands that have downpipes and cats.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
To be honest I wouldnt replace whole exhaust. Waste of money in my opinion. Just get catless 3" DP your exhaust sound will be awesome when you step on the pedal and will be very comfy when driving moderately. I spoke to many tuning garages and they said that DP gives most of power gains, changing the rest wont give you that much gain in power just a little bit more sound. But its just my oppinion :)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
You might want to spend a little more time ay WyoTech before you just go throwing out your hard earned cash on a CAI and catback. Those are honestly, 9 times out of 10, the 2 biggest wastes of money on a turbo car. :beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.