VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello VDubers, I have a 95 VR6, I'm really ready to sell! My Brother bought it new in 94, I have a file 2"'s thick with reciepts! warranty and after the warrenty etc, tons of problems all the time!!
I have had BMW's since 92', but I'm replacing the same parts all the time with the VR6 Passat,
So, I need some help in the following areas, if anybody cares to help, fog lights, why do my lens keep disappearing! I see pry marks!
Central locking, it dosen't work with the remote, but works with the key,
Cruise control, it QUIT working, Does the module under the dash burn out?
have had a 4th revolution skip since new, I think the coil pack could be breaking down, anybody have a good used one!
Rack is moaning like a ghost! and I have a pulling to the right problem! dealer says bent this, worn that, it seems to me they want MONEY MONEY, MONEY, well all the parts that can wear out are brand new!!!
let me know what you guys think, I build hot rods and work on the Space Shuttle, so working on cars comes real easy for me, My lastest funs are:
1988 E30 M3 62K miles upgraded to EVO 2 Specs
1970 Nova SS 468 BBC want to go 565CI
1968 SS Camaro LS1 should be 495 to 525 HP at the rears G machine, tons of DSE stuff, ready for a road course near you!
Let me know what some of you think of my problems with the VR6, I ready to do the head on a 98 Altima, sell the VW and be done with it,
Oh yea, I'm a air cooled lover at heart, 68 bug 1835 overe 11.1 comp, dual 40 IDF, was a 80's Mustang killer, have had a: 65,66,67,68, last one was a 65 DD Loved it!
Edited and proof read for clarity,

Modified by Steven68 at 6:58 AM 5-18-2007

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: New Here, have a 95 Passat GLX VR^ (izzo)

Let me see, I was busy and didn't want to spend much time, so I typed quick. And I really didn't want to sit here and play proofreader,
Why are people not allowed to make typing errors on the VW forums?
And the "Get rid of that car" statement, you being serious or you a Funny guy????
Hey Slick, buy the way, I think you might want to check your spelling, not to point fingers,

Modified by Steven68 at 6:39 AM 5-18-2007

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (RandomDubber)

I'm replacing the same parts all the time, with the VR6 Passat,
So, I need some help in the following areas, if anybody cares to help, fog lights, why do my lens keep disappearing!
Central locking, it dosen't work with the remote, but works with the key, does the Module go bad,
have had a 4th revolution skip since new, I think the coil pack could be breaking down, anybody have a good used one!
Rack is moaning like a ghost! and I have a pulling to the right problem! dealer says bent this, worn that, it seems to me they want MONEY MONEY, MONEY, well all the parts that can wear out are brand new!!!
This Forum blows me away, I thought I'd ask some simple "Q's" about this car, I typed it out fast, above are the items I asked,
1.I get questioned on my Grammer from a foreigner, oK, blow that off, edit post make people happy,
2. Auto Trans, No it a 5spd manual, works fine, Whats a vagcom??? I like AMC's too, I'd like to have your car, Verts are cool,
3. How is this retarded?
4. Confused how, I've seen two Passats in J/Y's, they were both missing the same parts, Has anybody else any of the same problems that I'm having now

Modified by Steven68 at 7:54 AM 5-19-2007

Modified by Steven68 at 7:55 AM 5-19-2007

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Re: (Steven68)

Quote, originally posted by Steven68 »

2. Auto Trans, No it a 5spd manual, works fine, Whats a vagcom??? I like AMC's too, I'd like to have your car, Verts are cool,

Modified by Steven68 at 7:55 AM 5-19-2007

That above "sentence" makes me think of a little boy with ADD. This thread is retarded.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Re: (VR6B4)

Quote, originally posted by VR6B4 »
That above "sentence" makes me think of a little boy with ADD. This thread is retarded.

And every post to this thread is retarded. If you guys (kids?) aren't going to respond with help then shut your faces and quit trying to up your post counts.

Central locking, it dosen't work with the remote, but works with the key,

Is it a VW OEM keyless entry? You may need to reprogram the remote. Make sure yours is set up exactly as this post says, and go from there: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=670337

There is a small vacuum pump in the engine bay besides the battery (tucked in the fender) that usually goes. It's pretty expensive to replace (over $300 if I remember correctly), there is also a module behind the shifter that some say have bad/cold solder joints. You could try opening that up and cleaning up the contacts to see if that helps.

Try the epoxy fix, it's cheap and will take care of a not-so-badly cracked coilpack for cheap. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1191966. Check plugs/wires as well.

Get an alignment for the pulling. How is your PS level? You may have a leak in the PS system or need to bleed air...try the easy stuff first. And don't take it to the dealer. See if there are any independent VW/Audi shops around you.

Modified by thecreeper at 2:29 PM 5-19-2007

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (VR6B4)

Creeper, thanks I'm looking at those parts right now, I appreciate the post, I looked at the links you posted, thanks!
I belong to about 4 other forums, this is the only one that I know of where you have to be grammaticality correct.
So, you two punk ass grammarian types, do me and probably a couple of others here a favor go update your myspace page, since you two seem to post in everones business!

Modified by Steven68 at 1:02 PM 5-19-2007

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (izzo)

My grammer still sucks huh,
Lets pick it up a little, no punctuation after "sucks" hmm
Next
Semicolon after you, not required unless your listing numerous items after said sentence,
Here you go fool, a little bit of info for you, I don't have to go anywhere, I can remove myself from this forum anytime, you know why, this VW piece of **** I drive, is a DD, (Daily Driver), it's not a hobby vehicle, its NOT a cool car, it's a **** piece import, made to drive back and forth to point A and B, I really just want my cruise back so I can drive my happy ass back and forth to work.
Take your little pic of your Rabbit and stroke it, or eat it, thats what Rabbits are good for.
This is my last reply to you, and your rapidly increasing post count, hurry up you'll get to 5K soon, http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.