VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Holden Adventra

Holden (GM in Australia) has brought out a new AWD version of the Commodore family wagon. I've read recently it might be going to the US so I'd be interested to see what you guys think of it:

It has a 5.7L V8 with 235kw and 460nm; an Australian designed 'Cross-Trac' AWD system with 62% rear and 38% front power distribution. The AWD system coupled with the traction control is designed specifically to cope well with deformable surfaces such as sand and gravel. It has fully independant suspension and self-leveling rear suspension.
Anyway, that isn't the amazing part. What is, is that HSV has made a hot one!!!

So with a modified 5.7L V8, the HSV Avalanche produces 279kw and does the 0-100km/h dash in 6.4 seconds!

·
Registered
F39 X2 M35i, e-Tron, Toyota appliance
16,722 Posts
Re: New Holden Adventra (njm)

Very nice. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
How much is it selling for in Australia?
2002 BMW 325iT
2002 SAAB 9-5 Linear

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: New Holden Adventra (lsinlv)

Quote, originally posted by lsinlv »
Is it me, or does this look amazingly like the Volvo V series????

Well, to be honest, no. The Holden is quite a bit bigger.
The Adventra is basically a Holden Commodore wagon with a V8, highly modified suspension, AWD and more luxury features. The current basic shape of the Commodore has been around since 1997. For you yanks on here, the Adventra is basically a wagon version of your new Pontiac GTO

Using the current exchange rate, the base model sells for 41,700.10 USD and the top model costs 47,991.46 USD. The HSV Avalanche version of it costs 58,220.82 USD.
Mind you with our new Free Trade Agreement, I'm sure we'll start to see a lot more 'sharing' going on between GM in the US and Australia, so might end up being a little cheaper (or built in the US)? Who knows.
Apparently GM America is very interested in using Holden's 2006 Commodore platform to make new RWD sedans for your brands. On the flip side we will start to get American cars sold over here too (all we really have are the various Jeeps, the Chrysler Voyager and the Neon).

·
Registered
34,664 Posts

The instrumentation's green lightning looks completely out of place in the interior with red leather seats.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Re: New Holden Adventra (A4Jetta)

Quote, originally posted by A4Jetta »
The instrumentation's green lightning looks completely out of place in the interior with red leather seats.

its not green, they are LDC displays, its looks green because of the angle.

·
Banned
36,395 Posts
Re: New Holden Adventra (Fastam)

Quote, originally posted by Fastam »

its not green, they are LDC displays, its looks green because of the angle.

[Jerry Seinfeld voice] Not that there is anything wrong with that!! [/Jerry Seinfeld voice]

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Re: New Holden Adventra (PineappleMonkey)

can't holden just make sports cars, sporty wagons, pickups and vans are all cool but at the end of the day i would much rather have an affordable sports or muscle car.

·
Registered
32,085 Posts
Re: New Holden Adventra (lsinlv)

Quote, originally posted by lsinlv »
Is it me, or does this look amazingly like the Volvo V series????

No, it looks like the Opel Omega Caravan

with Evo VII front end

and BMW X5 19"ers.

Modified by Son of a B...5er! at 3:41 PM 2-17-2004

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+, 2017 Subaru Outback Limited
23,750 Posts
How many times are they gonna recycle this old mid 90's platform?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Mazda 3s)

Quote, originally posted by Mazda 3s »
How many times are they gonna recycle this old mid 90's platform?

Until 2006 when the all new one comes out. Holden doesn't have direct access to the world's largest car market, so naturally they don't have quite as much money. I'm only showing all these Australian products on here because it is something a little different. I actually hate them (having had a few as company cars), and would take a japanese or european car every time. However there is no denying they are good value for money.

·
Registered
19,612 Posts

looks nice, the Aussies really have a great direction going with the interiors... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif GM should be studyiing this...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts