VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Integrated Engineering 2.0T FSI Billet Valve Covers

Integrated Engineering is proud to offer billet valve covers for 2.0T FSI (belt driven) engines. IE valve covers start off as one large piece of 6061 aircraft aluminum, and are precisely machined on an in-house CNC mill. They are a direct replacement for your factory valve cover with a perfect fit for the OEM gasket. They have a single -10an outlet for a custom breather setup. To ensure that no oil comes out of the breather, these have specialty welded baffles that are guaranteed to not fail. In place of a factory oil cap, these use a billet aluminum cap with an o ring for a tight seal. Whether you are looking for custom look, or an easy way to start off a custom catch can project, these billet 2.0T valve covers are a great addition to your engine bay!

Learn more here

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what will happen to the line in front that gets plugged into the valve cover like the stock and EJ cover?
We figured for a hundred bucks less you could get a 1 dollar piece of vacuum line and hide it. We're going to make some adapter fittings to make it all snap fit but they aren't done yet. It also makes for a cleaner install with it all hidden and routed down and around..

·
Registered
140 Posts
We figured for a hundred bucks less you could get a 1 dollar piece of vacuum line and hide it. We're going to make some adapter fittings to make it all snap fit but they aren't done yet. It also makes for a cleaner install with it all hidden and routed down and around..
will you include instructions on how to install this? i'm a little concern about the line that needs to be re-routed. The EJ piece has this little nipple (front & back) that attaches those line like stock, but now needs to be rerouted with yours.

also, how do I set this up with a re-circulated catch can? Does this also come with a plug for the rear pcv breather?

i am interested in purchasing this...however i wanna know if there are other accessories so I do not have to buy additional pieces from the hardware store. I just want one kit to install plug-n-play.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will you include instructions on how to install this? i'm a little concern about the line that needs to be re-routed. The EJ piece has this little nipple (front & back) that attaches those line like stock, but now needs to be rerouted with yours.

also, how do I set this up with a re-circulated catch can? Does this also come with a plug for the rear pcv breather?

i am interested in purchasing this...however i wanna know if there are other accessories so I do not have to buy additional pieces from the hardware store. I just want one kit to install plug-n-play.
We are working on a install DIY, however it will be really simple and you should see how it all works easily enough. We chose not to run the line through the valve cover as running around or under the manifold leaves a much cleaner bay and is easy to re-route with our install kit. As for a catch can setup, there is a fitting on the top of the valve cover you can use for AN lines or push lock hose to run to a catch can.

More info on the PCV Crossover Tube Relocation Kit:

We have put together a cost effective kit to make installing a Integrated Engineering Billet Valve Cover easy. Included is everything you need to re-route and tuck away your PCV crossover tube. The result is a much cleaner looking valve cover install without having the crossover tube running through it and takes the guess work out of the install. Kit Includes a custom in-house CNC machined barb that clips directly to the factory PCV hose, adequate length of silicone hose to reroute around the engine to the turbo inlet, and two OE style hose clamps to ensure the hose stays safely secured.
More info here.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have some questions IE

1. If you dont want to run a catch can would you just run your 1" inlet breather filter on top of IE valve cover?

2. The pcv hose connected to the oil filter adapter would that also need to be plugged if I'm using just the IE valve cover?

3. If using a catch can w/ IE valve cover, Do I still keep the pcv hose connected to the oil filter adapter plugged or do i route that to the catch can as well?

I made up a list of what I think I need
- IE rear breather block off plate
- IE billet valve cover
- PCV crossover tube relocation kit
- 2 IE boost caps (one for intake manifold)(one for pcv hose to oil filter adapter)
- 1" inlet breather filter(top of IE valve cover)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can the IE billet cover be installed without a catch can?
I have some questions IE

1. If you dont want to run a catch can would you just run your 1" inlet breather filter on top of IE valve cover?
We would highly recommend a catch can- otherwise, you’ll have oil everywhere in the engine bay. If you don’t mind that, you can install a filter on the top of the VC.

2. The pcv hose connected to the oil filter adapter would that also need to be plugged if I'm using just the IE valve cover?
The hose on the oil filter housing is a block breather. The proper way to plumb that would be to run to a catch can along with the valve cover. If you block it off, you risk having crankcase pressure. That can cause issues, such as blow-by, power loss, etc. Do not block it off.

3. If using a catch can w/ IE valve cover, Do I still keep the pcv hose connected to the oil filter adapter plugged or do i route that to the catch can as well?
Run both hoses to the catch can.. You can use our block breather adapter to make plumbing from the oil filter housing easy.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For everyone running the Integrated Engineering 2.0T FSI Billet Valve Cover on a longitudinal engine (and a lot of you guys ordered them over black friday). We know there is a lot less clearance for the -10AN breather on the valve cover, so the traditional -10AN to -10AN fitting with a 90 degree hose end does not fit and will in fact hit your hood.

We now have the solution in stock and ready to ship for you guys:

This 90 degree -10AN to -10AN O Ring Boss fitting features a jam nut that will allow you to clock the fitting at any desired angle and keep a shallow fitting off the valve cover for plenty of clearance.
The fitting is finished in black anodize for a clean and simple look. Our billet valve cover requires the use of a -10AN To -10AN O Ring Boss size.

Available now here.

You can see our full line of anodized fittings for simple installs here.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It’s a real shame that this awesome valve cover requires so many more accessories and cash to be able to install it. I think if this was a direct fit replacement for the stock POS plastic cover, IE would have so many more potential buyers. I mean, how many threads about this product do you see on this or any other forum? Not many. It’s quite an expensive endeavor and then you can’t run any engine cover and must maintain the catch can and hope it doesn’t freeze. I like running an engine cover because it cuts down the annoying clackiness of these engines. You mean the only other option, is to have the blowby vapors vented to the ground or engine compartment?

$465.49 - Valve Cover
349.99 - Air Intake
449.99 - Catch Can
24.99 - EVAP Relocation Kit
= $1290.46

1 - 14 of 14 Posts