VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any info on the new iPod adapter? It was mentioned in one of the press releases. Is it going to display song titles on the stock radio display? Will I be able to navigate menus in my iPod?

·
Registered
41,120 Posts
Re: New iPod adapter at SEMA (lbhskier37)

sounds cool....bump for more info

·
Registered
7,869 Posts

True... I asked them on Monday. They said give it mid next year at the soonest to see it in VW's. I saw it with my own eyes...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: New iPod adapter at SEMA (Davespeed)

As in, it will probably be on 2009 models? Was it a whole new radio needed to display the text and navigate the ipod, or can it be added to any VW radio like the current one and have that functionality?

·
Registered
999 Posts
According to the press release:
Quote »
2007 GTI 4 door
To capitalized on the GTI's new audio equipment, Volkswagen's Electronic Research Laboratory installed its latest iPod® adapter system which easily installs into most Volkswagen models with satellite radio. This new plug and play adapter allows users to control iPod® functions through their factory radio, and see artist, song, and playlist information.

So, it sounds like it plugs into the stock satellite-equipped radio. That sucks for me, because I think Sat Radio is a huge waste of money and I had no use for a sunroof. I would love to have the ipod tracks show up on my headunit or MFD, though.

~~Quentin

·
Banned
5,706 Posts

Quote, originally posted by lbhskier37 »
Anyone have any info on the new iPod adapter? It was mentioned in one of the press releases. Is it going to display song titles on the stock radio display? Will I be able to navigate menus in my iPod?

I saw it, and my understanding of the adaptor, is it will work with existing units.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Re: New iPod adapter at SEMA (mdonis)

Quote, originally posted by mdonis »
if this is true it SUX

ha! give me your nav and i'll give you my unit and BINGO! you're set! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.