VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i am sure some of you have seen the pics of the new jetta gli in mexico, but here is the direct link to the vw site for those that haven't seen it. I really like the tail lights and might consider buying them next time i visit http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
http://www.jettagli.com/

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (andrewL30723)

no but i am pretty sure they will even if slight modification to the bulb sockets are required, they should bolt right in its still the same rear end

Modified by whitezxtt at 6:35 PM 7-8-2009

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (shawshank redemption)

are you kidding? the outer lamp is the same, i wasnt talking about using the inner trunk one, you do realize its still an mk4 right? besides i saw a regular jetta from mexico here in so cal yesterday and the outer lamp is the same

Modified by whitezxtt at 6:52 PM 7-8-2009

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Re: (whitezxtt)

Quote, originally posted by whitezxtt »
are you kidding? the outer lamp is the same, i wasnt talking about using the inner trunk one, you do realize its still an mk4 right? besides i saw a regular jetta from mexico here in so cal yesterday and the outer lamp is the same

why dont you get a set of headlights while youre down there too.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts

outter lamp look s shorter. Look at the lines where the bumper sits.
It looks like the MK4 light minus the bottom light strip thingy

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: :)staygold:)

sure and then maybe i can give them to you to make them fit haha
, no but seriously it would be nice to get that front end for our cars, maybe we'll see here in the US, eventually someone's gonna try it you'll see

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (shawshank redemption)

like i said before, i saw one in person (not the gli) and looked at both my car and that jetta from mexico side by side the the outer lamp is the same, i think you don't see it cause the lower light strip on the mexican one make the light look shorter than ours

·
Registered
3,185 Posts

like i said before, i saw one in person (not the gli) and looked at both my car and that jetta from mexico side by side the the outer lamp is the same, i think you don't see it cause the lower light strip on the mexican one make the light look shorter than ours

your right, fits just like a glove.

Modified by JETTA420 at 10:35 PM 7-8-2009

·
Registered
3,270 Posts

YOU ARE AN IDIOT.
WE HAVE THE CITY JETTA'S IN CANADA AND THE REAR TAIL LIGHTS ARE NOT THE SAME AS A REGULAR MK4.

EDIT: SEE THE POST RIGHT ABOVE THIS ONE TO SEE WHY YOU ARE AN IDIOT.
EDIT #2: YOU DO REALIZE THIS HAS BEEN POSTED 2.56 BILLION TIMES IN THE PAST 2 WEEKS.
EDIT #3: LOL @ THE OJ PIC
EDIT#4: EDITING AN EDIT
EDIT#5: I LOL AGAIN AT THE OJ PIC
EDIT #6: I START SEARCHING FOR HOW MANY TIMES THIS HAS BEEN POSTED
EDIT#7: I SEE THAT I WAS CORRECT IN SAYING IT HAS BEEN REPOSTED 2.56 BILLION TIMES

Modified by nismodrifter at 9:37 PM 7-8-2009

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (nismodrifter)

well i guess you were right, but seriously the one i saw looked like it had the same dimensions as my gli, unless they changed the bumper on the mx gli? and yes i tried searching before i posted but came up empty,
smartass

·
Registered
8,635 Posts

well i guess you were right, but seriously the one i saw looked like it had the same dimensions as my gli, unless they changed the bumper on the mx gli? and yes i tried searching before i posted but came up empty,
smartass

no, you were wrong. give it up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.