VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
Re: New kind of HID? Anyone ever here of these or know whats involved with MK4's? (WS6Fury)

I wouldn't buy anything that didn't say hella or Phillips.. Unless its osram bulbs which is made by phillips i believe

·
Registered
343 Posts
Re: New kind of HID? Anyone ever here of these or know whats involved with MK4's? (03VDUB)

osram is an entirely different company than philips.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Re: New kind of HID? Anyone ever here of these or know whats involved with MK4's? (advocatexxx)

Are they McCullah? that isn't a bad brand from what I've read.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: New kind of HID? Anyone ever here of these or know whats involved with MK4's? (theSEAN)

Yup, its mCcullah. Can we do a plug and play with our lights, non ecode and ecode without blinding people in front of us?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Re: New kind of HID? Anyone ever here of these or know whats involved with MK4's? (WS6Fury)

You can probably install them in either e-codes, or non e-codes I think. Neither would be a great idea though. The non e-codes would be downright annoying (and dangerous for others). There are few people on here that have the HID kits with there e-codes, not to terrible, but not correct either.

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
Re: New kind of HID? Anyone ever here of these or know whats involved with MK4's? (advocatexxx)

Quote, originally posted by advocatexxx »
osram is an entirely different company than philips.

I know osram is made by hella or phillips for a fact

·
Registered
371 Posts
Re: New kind of HID? Anyone ever here of these or know whats involved with MK4's? (GolfGLSGirl)

Where did he get that eminem wax statue?

·
Registered
35,212 Posts
Re: New kind of HID? Anyone ever here of these or know whats involved with MK4's? (heynicecar)

If you want some HIDS check out CULLEN he is running round 2... I have the 4300 K philips kit in my e-codes and I love em...I am extreamly happy for the $

·
Registered
4,238 Posts

whoa man don't get into stuff like this from unknown makers. just save up for a real hid kit and it will be money well spent. i learnt along time ago not to buy stuff like that after i got screwed on my 94 gti. buy a good quality ecode kit or save up for the r32 hid kit. go and look on pgperformance.com for a set

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Re: New kind of HID? Anyone ever here of these or know whats involved with MK4's? (pest)

mccullough is a good brand. They are well known makers... I know people who have had them for many years. Just because its not OEM or expensive doesnt mean they arent good... The look great and have an easy install.

·
Registered
35,212 Posts
Re: New kind of HID? Anyone ever here of these or know whats involved with MK4's? (pest)

Quote, originally posted by pest »
whoa man don't get into stuff like this from unknown makers. just save up for a real hid kit and it will be money well spent. i learnt along time ago not to buy stuff like that after i got screwed on my 94 gti. buy a good quality ecode kit or save up for the r32 hid kit. go and look on pgperformance.com for a set

Dude, you want to buy them from PGP go ahead, and throw away $1000... They overcharge for their OEM HIDS... and you thought you were being a smart shopper!!!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
damn thats a good deal on that ebay.. i sell the same kit for 350 shipped to ur door. many vortexers have bought it from me, and all satisfied
i dunno how that guy is makin a profit... crazy deal..

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Re: New kind of HID? Anyone ever here of these or know whats involved with MK4's? (CapeGLS)

This looks terrible. It's a ticket waiting to happen.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: New kind of HID? Anyone ever here of these or know whats involved with MK4's? (MMichaelJJ)

Quote, originally posted by MMichaelJJ »
This looks terrible. It's a ticket waiting to happen.

yeah, safe to say you'd get a ticket, no cutoff line ther folks.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Re: New kind of HID? Anyone ever here of these or know whats involved with MK4's? (03VDUB)

Quote, originally posted by 03VDUB »

I know osram is made by hella or phillips for a fact

IF you know for a FACT, then which one is it, Phillips or Hella?

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
Re: New kind of HID? Anyone ever here of these or know whats involved with MK4's? (HatchedGTI)

Quote, originally posted by HatchedGTI »
mccullough is a good brand. They are well known makers... I know people who have had them for many years. Just because its not OEM or expensive doesnt mean they arent good... The look great and have an easy install.

exactly, muccullough is a good brand name.
There are some names on ebay that are NO-Names, this is not one of them. if thats what brand they are.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts