VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Just wanted to say "Hi"
I just took deliver of a slightly used Blue R32 last night. I got it from a private party with ~11,000 miles on it.
All I can say is "WoW"
Damn that thing is fun to drive.
I just hard wired my radar detector up and am planning on doing the 5-brake light mod as soon as I get the bulbs.
I will post a few pics when I get a chance to take some.
Thanks for a great site and great info.
One quick question. I took a rockford 400a4 amp out of my old car along with a 12" infinity perfect sub. What should I do with them?
Option one. Keep monsoon head unit for stealth/factory look and just wire up the amp to the sub, tap into the monsoon amp wiring harness and go.
Option 2: Keep monsoon head, scrap monsoon amp, run all the factory speakers off of the rockford's front 2 channels and run the sub off of the back 2.
Option 3 get a new head unit, use the rockford for only the sub and keep the monsoon amp, or Chuck the monsoon altogether and use a new head, and the rockford amp for the interior speakers and the sub.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Shoe

·
Registered
12,271 Posts
Re: New 'Lil Blue R32 Owner! (Poop_Shoe)

If you don't mind losing the OEM look, switching out the headunit yields GREAT results.
You can then take the powered speaker output into the monsoon amp and it will actually sound very good. Weird, but you send speaker level powered output to the Monsoon amp.
Oh yeah, then use the pre-out on the headunit to power the RF amp and subwoofer.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Re: New 'Lil Blue R32 Owner! (Poop_Shoe)

Quote, originally posted by Poop_Shoe »
One quick question. I took a rockford 400a4 amp out of my old car along with a 12" infinity perfect sub. What should I do with them?

PM GomobileR32, he is the best person to answer those questions for you http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.