VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend with a new maxima is pissing me off so badly. he wants to race me in my gti. i told him to come to the track on friday if he really wants to race.. His is stock and has 2 12's in a box in the trunk..its also an automatic... i hae a gti vr6 with intake, tt exhaust,tt chip.. what do u think will happen?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Re: new maxima vs. gti vr6 (Loud-Gtivr6)

I say you'll get him...
I raced one the other day, on the street though... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

But I left his, over rated (255hp) nizmo behind, I' ll tell u that much..
\/R6...
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
EDIT: oh yah, I only a got intake n exhaust...

[Modified by Mcfly653VR6, 8:09 PM 5-30-2002]

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: new maxima vs. gti vr6 (Mcfly653VR6)

ok cool.. what the guy really racin u or was he just messin around... wow i feel like a loser posting this haha

·
Registered
293 Posts

Going to be on you big time. He has an idiot car, meaning automatic just punch the gas and watch it go, you will have to shift perfectly to overcome the power difference.
The Maxima does have an excellent engine, but the VR6 is a helluva engine as well.
Good luck, and remember 80% driver/20% car

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
Re: new maxima vs. gti vr6 (Scubastevie00)

teehee, i like nissans...they have some fast cars out there.
nothing like a TTZ, 13.8 stock, auto.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Re: new maxima vs. gti vr6 (phillygti)

My experience was up to 140 mph...He (Black Maxima) was behind me at 90 by 140 he was about 5 car lengths behind me but still there. I had a slight edge, slight! He was definitly trying to because I came down on speed very quickly and surprised him...My exit...

Disclaimer: The characters and events in this story are based on fiction. Any similarities with people or places is purely circumstantial.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts

I'd say without the subs and without an auto .. he'd probably win,(not saying you wouldn't) those new maximas boot
you'll smoke him though

[Modified by 96jetta, 2:50 AM 5-31-2002]

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Re: new maxima vs. gti vr6 (96jetta)

I think if its a good driver with a 6spd, it will be a really close race... 255hp, 6spd, that could be dangerous

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Re: new maxima vs. gti vr6 (Missing the point)

you leave in it the dust...maxima's sucks http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
16,676 Posts
Re: new maxima vs. gti vr6 (A3JET)

quote:[HR][/HR]you leave in it the dust...maxima's sucks http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
Oh, yeah they really suck. They probably have the best v6 around but oh, they suck.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Re: new maxima vs. gti vr6 (gotta_jet)

quote:[HR][/HR]teehee, i like nissans...they have some fast cars out there.
nothing like a TTZ, 13.8 stock, auto.[HR][/HR]​
pfft, it aint NOTHING till you take it to the tracks yourself

·
Registered
928 Posts
Re: new maxima vs. gti vr6 (A3JET)

I just got back from a road trip where we took my friends brand new 2002 Nissan Maxima SE with the 6spd. I think it would be very close, in fact I don't see the VR6 pulling away from it at all. That Maxima pulls hard in 2nd 3rd and 4th, all the way to the redline, Car and Driver named it as one of the best engines in the world for a reason, the VR6 is awesome, but I think that Maxima 6 is in a different league. Maybe with all the wieght issues it would even out, but pound for pound that maxima is balls to the wall fast! I loved pushing it, and I would love to see it go against a VR6.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts

I've taken a couple of the new Maxima's (both automatics). I have a Jetta VR6 with GIAC chip and intake (Schrick cams in 1 week and counting) Anyways your car is lighter than mine so you shouldn't have too big of a problem. I've never beat one by much at all that's for sure but I've beat them. A buddy of mine just bought one about 2 months ago, I beat him and he doesn't even want to play anymore, for some reason he's intimidated, I don't know why it's nothing special, bu it is a VW VR6 http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Re: new maxima vs. gti vr6 (Missing the point)

With the subs in you Should take him if your drive perfectly. He still has a good chance though. I pulled one from a roll on a deserted highway, not by much though. I have 268's BTW

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
Re: new maxima vs. gti vr6 (HughJass)

i know, i know... but still.
"Put the Nissans in their place!"
nissan have, from the beginning, created some of the most fun, affordable, and fast cars out there, and also some of the best engines...the VG30DETT, SR20DET, whatever's in the skylines, the new VQ series, holy moly, their place is in front of everybody else

·
Registered
108 Posts
Re: new maxima vs. gti vr6 (gotta_jet)

I think mayb the max b/c my friend has a hot azz 97 max and its fast we didnt race yet but his 3rd gear is crazy

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.