VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup all. I've just transferred from Club Rsx.com, so embrace me with open arms. Sick of the stupid people of the world who get their kicks by stealing those japanese cars. First A 99 SI, the a couple a months ago my new Rsx-s.
Many a sad day, I tell you boy! Wife and family convinced me to get something different. Thought about a Jetta, decided on GTI 1.8T. I was trying to play it cool, you know. Afterall AAA rates this car mighty high. So after two months of bliss, blowin by many a Honda, I went to the dealer and ran into a salesman that had MY CAR but better.
WHOOOA. Twas a girl tooo. Introduced me to Vortex, and here I am.
Q: Where in so Cal can I find some tuning shops North of San Diego and East of Los Angeles?
Q: This puppy needs an exhaust, and a new suspension setup. Preferably one not so loud (Hondaish). Strictly performance. Suggestions?
Q: Links to other sites that might help me out.
Happy happy joy joy. I'm amongst (new) friends with different, but insane looking cars that look clean as H3ll.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Re: New Member on board...1st post. No flamie please (JnKam's20V)

Welcome to the forums, you share a common love for RSX's as my compadre ACKtung does.

·
Banned
8,951 Posts

Well for exhaust there is none better than the Forced Motion system made here in neighboring Arizona. The man you need to talk to is a moderator here named DablackJetta. He makes the systems.
Good luck and enjoy the ride

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Re: New Member on board...1st post. No flamie please (I_Fly_GTi)

Welcome to the Vortex. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Don't know of any performance shops in your area, but def' keep an eye on the group buys that go on here. Usually end up getting some great prices and tons of opinions and experiences with different products and setups. Also don't be afraid to use the search button, lots of good info is already out there waiting to be found.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: New Member on board...1st post. No flamie please (I_Fly_GTi)

Forced motion huh? They have a # or site? Dablackjetta has a red GTI right? My homie told me about him. The GReddy guy.Cooooo
No hatin on Honda's, but I see the light. All cars are not alike. I hate knowing that eb=veryine not only has a car like mine yet at the same time, wants to steal my shhh. Amost. STUFF! If anyone has got the right to have beef, it's me. Nice cars, but cost a fortune to insure and they ain't gots nothing om my bone stock GTI.

[Modified by JnKam's20V, 9:29 PM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
992 Posts

Welcome aboard. Don't mind some of the infighting that goes on around here...you'll figure out who's threads to ignore and who's will have some valuble info in them...
After you figure out which exhaust and suspension to get, you can use that free flow to up yer boost with a chip!!

·
Registered
900 Posts

welcome.....checkout the so cal forum lots going on this weekend.
wil.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Re: New Member on board...1st post. No flamie please (steez)

Ya beat me to it Steez!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
662 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Q: Where in so Cal can I find some tuning shops North of San Diego and East of Los Angeles?
Q: This puppy needs an exhaust, and a new suspension setup. Preferably one not so loud (Hondaish). Strictly performance. Suggestions?
Q: Links to other sites that might help me out.
Happy happy joy joy. I'm amongst (new) friends with different, but insane looking cars that look clean as H3ll.[HR][/HR]​
Welcome to the VW fold

I'd say the best So Cal tuner who actually works on the cars is EuroSport in Anaheim. The owner Raffi is an old friend of
mine and is very fair and honest, and is a full-on VW enthusiast who also road races a VW (very successfully i might add).
http://www.evici.com/

[Modified by RandyWalters, 4:02 PM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
5,523 Posts

hello, and welcome! I probably live somewhere near you because I'm from North county San Diego.... it's good to see another enthusiast here because there really aren't a lot of them up in north county! Unfortunately I don't know of any decent VW speed shops around here but there are a ton up in orange county. I only know of one person here who has had their MK4 vw stolen, whereas it would seem like hondas get stolen all the time!
Nice to have you on here! make sure to check out the socal forum
-Henry

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: New Member on board...1st post. No flamie please (RandyWalters)

Thanx for the love. Keep it coming. O the ideas running through my head...

Chip? you say. Hmm. Like the Jet ones for civs? Clueless yall. This car was supposed to be fro practical purposes, family and all. But you guys are showing me the tight (dark)side.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: New Member on board...1st post. No flamie please (John A)

C'mon. 50hp. I almost couldn't type that bro. Anyone ever have any problems with that. I mean that souds like havin a 50 shot of NOS or something. Hands still unsteady...

·
Registered
18,206 Posts

people don't believe, especially people that come from other cars where a chip gets you 6hp or some crap.
i kid you not:

this is a 1.8t, dynoed at the WHEELS, in 90 degree weather. no other mods except k&n panel filter in stock airbox. (crank = 204hp / 240lb/ft or so)
edit: this is my car btw, and it was chipped..... 8000 miles ago

[Modified by John A, 4:48 PM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: New Member on board...1st post. No flamie please (John A)

Captain, we have a leek. Outta both ends.

Just cannot, I say you just cannot under estimate, the torque on these Son Of a Biscuits

[Modified by JnKam's20V, 9:53 PM 11-29-2001]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts