VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

241 - 245 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Franchise Player

This new Z doesn't have to even be the best in category to be a hit. It's an iconic model with an attractive refresh, wheel makers, customizers, painters, bodykit makers, the guy/girl down the street, everybody can't wait to use this as a platform to show their stuff.

My eyeballs still like it. I hope it doesn't suffer the "sitting in a deep tub" syndrome like the Camero with a high belt line.

·
Registered
44,091 Posts
The more I see it, the more it looks like a heavy re-skin of the current car, with a lot of black paint on the roof.
It is, but I personally don't have a problem with that. I use the first generation Fusion as an example. The Fusion 1.0 was rather lackluster, but the 1.5 was a huge improvement. Everything was the same, but it was also different and was a big upgrade.

If it's a thorough reworking of the car, even with (most of) the same bones it can be a huge improvement. I can't see anything on this car that I don't like more than its predecessor, whether that's some detail on the interior or exterior, lighting, or even the form. Yes, the form is the same for the most part, but the appearance of the roofline at least gives the illusion of a continuous arc. It may not be, or it could be because this is a prototype and they didn't have to take production into account, but if the finished car is like this then it's a big improvement.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Funny I don't usually see people complaining about Skylines and Silvias

Skyline GT-R R34 is an improvement over R33, which is an improvement over R32, but all using RB26DETT
Silvia S15 is an improvement over S14, which is an improvement over S13, but all using SR20DET

The new 400Z will come have twin turbo, RWD, and available in Manual! To me, it doesn't matter if it is sharing parts with Z34 or Z33, because that's how Nissan is, and that's how the Z is. People are swapping 280ZX L28ET into S30.

We just cant satisfy everyone these days.
Toyota Supra - No Manual, fine. New Subaru BRZ, No Turbo, fine. Nissan Z35, you get both, and people are complaining about the looks 😅

241 - 245 of 245 Posts