VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

41 - 60 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Best looking Nissan in memory, and on looks alone I would take this over a Supra any day.

Not sure why but the rear lights made me think more of the s14 Silvia, then a 300z

·
Registered
44,091 Posts
The grille is a boring shape and ridiculously huge, especially in this day of engineering them down to a mail slot. I’ll see about coming up with a chop of how I was thinking it should’ve been handled. This assumes I have time, I’m actually busy at work, which is nice for a change!

That is my only real beef with the design. Anything else I have a problem with is so minor as to not be worth mentioning.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I dig it. Nice looking cockpit also :thumbup:
Really? The interior looks a hell of a lot like the current 370Z interior, but with all of the dials and switches replaced with screens.

I'm not really liking this new Z at all. I hate the blacked out roof. I hate the chrome strip below the blacked out roof. The front grille is hideous. The rear end is bland.

I'd take the current 370Z Nismo over this any day.

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
I feel like this isn’t the first 240Z inspired show car we’ve seen from Nissan or others. I’m just too lazy to go search for those earlier examples.

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
The grille is a boring shape and ridiculously huge, especially in this day of engineering them down to a mail slot. I’ll see about coming up with a chop of how I was thinking it should’ve been handled. This assumes I have time, I’m actually busy at work, which is nice for a change!

That is my only real beef with the design. Anything else I have a problem with is so minor as to not be worth mentioning.

They borrowed a few cues from the vantage, maybe they should have borrowed the grill design as well.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I think for the pricing they’ll want for it, I’d rather find a well sorted 4th gen TT and keep an annual maintenance fund..

·
Premium Member
7,761 Posts

·
Registered
22,177 Posts
I'll have to see if the grille comes across better in person but that aside, I think it's great. This would be one of the few cars I would trade in the G for.

·
Premium Member
18,248 Posts
There are several elements that I wish where body color, but overall I don't hate it. I do perceive it as pieces of two cars that have been stuck together.

The headlamps need the forward center corners to have a stripe of eyeshadow in body color to bring out the sugar scoop. The roof needs more body color as the base in the rear.

I would work on the grille shape a bit, too.

But, it's a Z. That is a good thing. :thumbup:

·
Registered
20,592 Posts
Best looking Nissan in memory, and on looks alone I would take this over a Supra any day.

Not sure why but the rear lights made me think more of the s14 Silvia, then a 300z

The Silvia was my thoughts too. It’s the overall shape of the opening that’s doing it.

But man, I absolutely love the looks of this. Didn’t even really notice the grille at first and I don’t think it will be too bad in person as the top of it is probably only 2 feet off the ground. And a rev-matching 6MT to go with the twin turbo V6? Man, I think they nailed this.

On one level I step back and think it looks like multiple cars stitched together, but the first impression & package seem great.

·
Premium Member
'09 GTI, 02 Golf, '66 Vespa
7,957 Posts
/\ Oh, wow... virtually no options! :laugh:

I don't know, I like the square grille opening. I'm surprised everyone has a problem with it, it's looks perfectly fine to me.

·
Registered
44,091 Posts
Really? The interior looks a hell of a lot like the current 370Z interior, but with all of the dials and switches replaced with screens.

I'm not really liking this new Z at all. I hate the blacked out roof. I hate the chrome strip below the blacked out roof. The front grille is hideous. The rear end is bland.

I'd take the current 370Z Nismo over this any day.
The layout (and some detail) is the same, because the bones are the same, but that's about it. Every change in the new one is better, from the vents to the color choices (the silver in the old one is gauche) to the materials to the "pod" in the center of the old dash of the old one. The new one emphasizes horizontality, which is a much cleaner look.

·
Registered
44,091 Posts
This has to be the same dash architecture.
It looks like all the fixed points are the same.
Absolutely. Look at the door handles and vents in the doors. That screams "evolution of previous model" from the rooftops, especially since this is a prototype. :beer:

·
Registered
17,622 Posts
The layout (and some detail) is the same, because the bones are the same, but that's about it. Every change in the new one is better, from the vents to the color choices (the silver in the old one is gauche) to the materials to the "pod" in the center of the old dash of the old one. The new one emphasizes horizontality, which is a much cleaner look.
Beat me to it, by a few minutes! :laugh:

41 - 60 of 245 Posts