VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1721 - 1735 of 1735 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Love that. The only thing I don't like about the new Z is the door handle area. And that's a minor quibble.
Same, that and the gigantic gas door. I can only assume there was some manufacturing limitation that forced them to such a big door. Idk, maybe not. Something feels off about the nose too, almost as if the headlights are really far apart... Almost has a sloth look - but I'd have to see it in person to really see how it scales.

With all that being said, I would still get it for the rear end and overall bodylines. I think the rear was executed 100%.

·
Registered
37,214 Posts

·
Registered
2013 MINI JCW, 2020 Bolt, 2002 Suburban 2500
20,683 Posts
Something feels off about the nose too, almost as if the headlights are really far apart... Almost has a sloth look - but I'd have to see it in person to really see how it scales.
On the originals, the thin bumper split the vertical rectangle of the grille area, whereas this version leaved it open. It doesn't look as bad in person at normal angles (like the one I saw running down the highway here in Baltimore a few weeks back) but I'd probably want one of the aftermarket bumpers that does the split grille just to make it look more original. And yeah, the rear is perfect.

love this:

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
I'm surprised how much aftermarket is out there for the Zs (assuming that isn't just a p-shop). I like the split in the front section too.

Honestly looking at it a bit closer, I think if the opening on the current Z flared out a bit more at the bottom of the front cut out that would have made it a lot better too. It's just a rectangle now. Like in the picture above it looks more "fluid" to have the bottom cutout be wider.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
On the originals, the thin bumper split the vertical rectangle of the grille area, whereas this version leaved it open. It doesn't look as bad in person at normal angles (like the one I saw running down the highway here in Baltimore a few weeks back) but I'd probably want one of the aftermarket bumpers that does the split grille just to make it look more original. And yeah, the rear is perfect.

love this:

I don't like the way the headlights look from this angle. I think that's the only thing I've noticed on the car that I have a complaint about.

·
Registered
2013 MINI JCW, 2020 Bolt, 2002 Suburban 2500
20,683 Posts
I don't like the way the headlights look from this angle. I think that's the only thing I've noticed on the car that I have a complaint about.
Yeah, but you'd have to be laying on the ground to see them at that angle. ;)

I'm still only bugged by the extra line around the door handle.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Saw a proto in person this weekend at cars and coffee.
The front is very underwhelming in person. Like they forgot to add something to it.

·
Registered
48,573 Posts
Me too, holy **** front bumper nails the S260 nose perfectly. How did Nissan miss this opportunity???
I asked that question and made a similar grille in Photoshop pages and pages ago. It seems such an obvious fix, even if it’s a minor “problem”.

edit: okay, I found it, but it doesn’t look as similar as I remembered. :)
Wheel Car Tire Sky Vehicle

·
Premium Member
'21 Tacoma TRD-Offroad – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
41,374 Posts

An issue with a 9-speed automatic that recently caused Nissan to recall thousands of its Frontier and Titan pickup trucks dating back to the 2020 model year has also affected the automaker's redesigned 2023 Z sports car.

The Z's 9-speed automatic comes from the same supplier and is built from the same components.

As it investigates the matter in relation to the Z, Nissan has issued a stop-sale order for the sports car which has only just gone on sale, though only models equipped with the automatic. The Z is also offered with a 6-speed manual.

The stop-sale order was issued on Aug. 29 and Nissan is working directly with customers that have already bought the car, Nissan spokesman Jonathan Buhler told Motor Authority.

·
Registered
2009 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited
3,305 Posts

love this:

This is the only solution to the weird looking bumper problem. Production model looks like it has two different grilles in the same grille, makes no sense.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,735 ·

1721 - 1735 of 1735 Posts